• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature INSIDE a book

15 posts in this topic

if there's bleed through it could affect the grade.  If it's otherwise a 10.0 it might affect the grade.

I've always imagined my ASM 97 with Gil Kane's signature in the same location would potentially fetch more than a regular copy (it is likely a 6.0-6.5 book). But maybe not...I like seeing the signature which is why I am unlikely to ever grade it until I am old and potentially selling my collection off, if that is required. 

On 9/29/2021 at 7:42 PM, William-James88 said:

It would not. 

+1. I see it as a non-issue. An internal Byrne autograph will neither increase nor decrease the value. However, chances favor an autograph collector will pass on a Byrne splash page signature and instead opt for a cover signed book, more specifically, a CGC signature series, so in cases like that, if the value of the splash page signed book is high, in and of itself, a rather inexpensive auto like Byrne's will actually hurt desirability thus impede the sale. 

On 10/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, The Lions Den said:

Love the date stamp...:x

Yeah, I don't know if that was Joe, where he bought it or maybe the LCS I bought it from, but it's pretty comprehensive.  I have a few Avengers books with a similar "Jan 1974" date stamp on the top of the splash page.