• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paper labels inside slabs are not flat? Looks bad

13 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 10/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, RoLaren said:

@PaulS. In addition to the labels being wavy I noticed they are now much whiter, whereas before they were a light blue color. Do you know if this change in the label color is permanent? 

Yes, these are the new labels. They correct the grade centering issue and are on a glossier paper stock, the same one used by CSG.

Edited to add: the label in the OP is an older label, not the new type.

Thank you,

Paul

• Administrator
On 10/15/2021 at 10:05 AM, iSniipe said:

@PaulS.The new labels show up wavy as well kind sir. Can provide pics after work.

We made a change that should help with/rectify this.

Thank you, 

Paul

@PaulS. I submitted my slabs with wavy labels under Mechanical Error. The status currently showing is "scheduled for grading." Are these cards actually going to be re-graded? I just wanted the wavy labels taken out and new labels put in. That's what I thought would happen since this is a quality issue. If these cards are actually going through a re-grading process, could different grades be assigned?

On 10/27/2021 at 11:34 PM, RoLaren said:

@PaulS. I submitted my slabs with wavy labels under Mechanical Error. The status currently showing is "scheduled for grading." Are these cards actually going to be re-graded? I just wanted the wavy labels taken out and new labels put in. That's what I thought would happen since this is a quality issue. If these cards are actually going through a re-grading process, could different grades be assigned?

They do not re-grade the cards. Also did you pay for shipping?

• Administrator

I would not have approved this reholder. I understand you do not like the look of them, but this is simply a minor variance just like the grades being misaligned to the grade box. Both issues can no longer happen, but are minor enough that we let them go. The grades should not change.

Paul

On 10/28/2021 at 2:28 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

They do not re-grade the cards. Also did you pay for shipping?

I did not pay for shipping.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:06 AM, PaulS. said:

I would not have approved this reholder. I understand you do not like the look of them, but this is simply a minor variance just like the grades being misaligned to the grade box. Both issues can no longer happen, but are minor enough that we let them go. The grades should not change.

Paul

Okay, thanks Paul.

I actually didn't mind the grades being off center in the grade box and I wouldn't have sent that back for correction, but the labels not laying flat in the holder looked bad enough for me to send back.