• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA
2 2

145 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2021 at 7:32 AM, vodou said:

I hope you used the proceeds for even better art because otherwise...quite the mistake ;) 

2006 was a big spending year for me as I picked up my Everett Subby 57 grail - I sold this Miller as one of 20 pages that year to ameliorate my guilt...but I still bought 40 pieces and spent 3.5X more than I sold. I guess I could have kept this one but it probably would have just left the collection a bit later.  As we know, you only regret what you sell!

On 10/21/2021 at 8:27 AM, Peter G said:

I suppose I love it for what it is too - Nostalgia and all but that stocky Wolverine and the ridiculous pose is just too cringe worthy.

Don't see anything cringe about it but everyone’s different. Love everything about this and remember all these characters intersecting. That Kingpin is awesome! Lots of other late 80s and early 90s stuff in this auction too.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:46 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Now, what about that sunlight hitting the wall above Conan’s head, as well as his sword, but the wall being dark in the middle?

Only so much I want to photoshop in one go.  I made the head bigger and repositioned it,  Call it a paste-up correction, if you will . . . ;)

On 10/29/2021 at 5:46 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Now, what about that sunlight hitting the wall above Conan’s head, as well as his sword, but the wall being dark in the middle?

Can you elaborate.   The spot above conans head is light from the right filtering through the orange glass.   Conans figure and or red light from the red glass are in the middle so I’m not sure what you mean by the darkness in the middle ?

Maybe you mean the area between the sword and the orange spot?

The light is coming from the right consistently in the image so the wall being parellel  to the light source Id expect it to be darker?   

The sword and the stained glass are perpendicular to the light source so I’d expect those areas to be caught by the light.   

Am I missing something?

On 10/30/2021 at 8:12 PM, Bronty said:

Am I missing something?

A nipple maybe?  At least Conan appears to be anyway.  That bothers me more than his dislocated cervical vertebrae on this one.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, The Voord said:

Any better?

Could you add a nipple for me please?  Thanks.

Edited by szav

On 10/30/2021 at 11:12 PM, Bronty said:

Can you elaborate.   The spot above conans head is light from the right filtering through the orange glass.   Conans figure and or red light from the red glass are in the middle so I’m not sure what you mean by the darkness in the middle ?

Maybe you mean the area between the sword and the orange spot?

The light is coming from the right consistently in the image so the wall being parellel  to the light source Id expect it to be darker?   

The sword and the stained glass are perpendicular to the light source so I’d expect those areas to be caught by the light.   

Am I missing something?

The dark wall between the light hitting the sword and the orange spot should have some light on it. The area below the orange spot then descends into a pretty dark red, while the balance of the wall to the sword is just normal. I don’t think the light is parallel to the wall, but a bit in front of it. Otherwise the light hitting the sword wouldn’t shine backward.

On 10/31/2021 at 12:17 AM, szav said:

A nipple maybe?  At least Conan appears to be anyway.  That bothers me more than his dislocated cervical vertebrae on this one.

Could you add a nipple for me please?  Thanks.

Lol you’re right 

On 10/31/2021 at 8:46 AM, Rick2you2 said:

The dark wall between the light hitting the sword and the orange spot should have some light on it. The area below the orange spot then descends into a pretty dark red, while the balance of the wall to the sword is just normal. I don’t think the light is parallel to the wall, but a bit in front of it. Otherwise the light hitting the sword wouldn’t shine backward.

The wall probably shouldn’t be as dark yeah.   The dark red there though is just the light shining through the red glass.  I think the light direction is best judged from the elephant statue at left.   Anyways, there’s definitely a mess of problems with it.    His right bicep is also growing out of the back of his shoulder.    It’s still better than I could do mind you. 

On 10/31/2021 at 10:31 AM, Bronty said:

One more point on light source.   If you look closely you can see his feet are casting shadows to the left.

In fairness, point of light art issues aren’t rare. What he did is more dramatic, and that’s a common liberty if you pay attention. At least he got the right number of fingers for Conan.

Good thing Cimmeria is a mythical land. Tulips don’t grow in shade. 

On 11/1/2021 at 7:55 AM, delekkerste said:

Wake me up when it gets to even half of where it's going to end. zzz 

LOL, I just pulled up the listing and saw that the old $84K bid you mentioned was my tracking bid. lol

Now it's up to $186K. hm