• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA
2 2

145 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2021 at 1:02 PM, Bronty said:

what do you think?

On eBay or Facebook, I can get better work for under $1,000. The neck twist, as you mentioned, is bad. Also, the light source hitting the sword isn’t supported by the background. And, I don’t like the coloring. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:32 AM, vodou said:

I hope you used the proceeds for even better art because otherwise...quite the mistake ;) 

You win some, you lose some, hopefully you bat more than .500..

On 10/19/2021 at 11:06 AM, Bronty said:

bat more than .500..

.500/under is losing. And pretty badly imo too.

This isn't baseball, the comic art shuffleboard doesn't have a 162 game season every season plus playoffs.

I know everything is up in the air at schools now but back in my day (not too long ago actually) .500 was "F" as in FAILURE ;) 

On 10/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, stinkininkin said:

Never look back or you'll drive yourself insane.

Not me*. I sold back then too (but not since lol ) but always bought...

On 10/19/2021 at 10:32 AM, vodou said:

even better art

so...no regrets :) 

*Though some might claim I am for other reasons :headbang:

On 10/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, vodou said:

.500/under is losing. And pretty badly imo too.

This isn't baseball, the comic art shuffleboard doesn't have a 162 game season every season plus playoffs.

I know everything is up in the air at schools now but back in my day (not too long ago actually) .500 was "F" as in FAILURE ;) 

haha, fair enough, but I didn't say how far above .500, right?

On 10/19/2021 at 11:27 AM, Bronty said:

haha, fair enough, but I didn't say how far above .500, right?

Correct. I'm suggesting the benchmark for over/under to define success should be much higher.

Unless...you're Jim Lee and you just sold the quintych X-Men #1 "cover" to "somebody" for "something amounting to a shed-load".

You can book a lot of small losses against that single win and still be just fine ;)

But then, as I've observed, Jim hasn't been losing many either!

Getting back to this:

On 10/19/2021 at 11:21 AM, vodou said:

I sold back then too (but not since lol )

I specifically stopped selling much of anything around 2006 (at the latest) because I understood my own weakness  (aka "lack of") understanding the complex zigs and zags of The Market.

It was clearly a raging bull and I was at risk of being thrown off*. So I stopped selling (and even sharing publicly) cold turkey and just kept buying with new money instead :) 

*As so many have been. Those of us collecting in the 90s and early 2000s...all those very active names on Comicart-L that are no longer with us...it's sad. Most of them sold and traded themselves right out of collecting altogether and couldn't afford to buy back in. I'd seen it happen before in other hobbies and didn't want to follow the same path. And...did not :headbang:

On 10/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, stinkininkin said:

And "better" art is relative....:baiting:

:)

It is, relative that is, but I'm not sure how you would know Scott, since I don't share publicly except what I write up occasionally in CFA-APA.

However, should you ever be in the Greater Boston area and wish to see the beauty of New Hampshire...you are welcome to visit. And see real Art ;)