• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA
2 2

145 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2021 at 8:34 PM, batman_fan said:

Probably one of Frazetta's worst paintings is coming up in the Jan auction.

fraz1.jpg

I honestly sort of like this. Something about the color ranges and scale. It’s got this like weird energy. I’d happily display that.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:34 PM, batman_fan said:

fraz1.jpg

What’s that thing the bear is fighting? It looks like an old, wrinkled, wingless dragon with pig’s feet.

Not iconic, for sure.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, batman_fan said:

fraz1.jpg

Vaid take, of course, but I will sheepishly admit to kind of digging this one-armed soldir recoiling from the muskrat-bear vs ptery-pig-lizard. He clearly did it in five minutes but those were five pretty good minutes. I think Frazetta has much worse paintings, even if you don't get into the racist stuff. YMMV.

On 11/11/2021 at 7:58 AM, glendgold said:

Vaid take, of course, but I will sheepishly admit to kind of digging this one-armed soldir recoiling from the muskrat-bear vs ptery-pig-lizard. He clearly did it in five minutes but those were five pretty good minutes. I think Frazetta has much worse paintings, even if you don't get into the racist stuff. YMMV.

I always thought he was the one armed man but after looking closely, you can see his arm.  I am trying to think which of his paintings is worse.hm

On 11/12/2021 at 8:43 PM, tth2 said:

Reserve of $240k on the TOS 50 1st Mandarin.

Reserve of $120k on the JIM 93 splash.

Reserve of $150k on the Conan 15 cover.

Why do OA consignors have no cajones?

You left out 66k reserve on mononipple  brokeneck Conan… which had been sitting at 3.6k…

Edited by szav

On 11/13/2021 at 12:47 PM, szav said:

You left out 66k reserve on mononipple  brokeneck Conan… which had been sitting at 3.6k…

I'm not even tracking that one.

But there is a consistent theme that OA consignors don't have the stones to just let it ride.