• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA
2 2

145 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2021 at 9:43 PM, tth2 said:

Reserve of $240k on the TOS 50 1st Mandarin.

Reserve of $120k on the JIM 93 splash.

Reserve of $150k on the Conan 15 cover.

Why do OA consignors have no cajones?

Hmm, not sure any of these reserves will hit.  I would think if a consigner insists on a reserve, the auction house should make it a low end # to ensure it sells.  Not some pie-in-the-sky # with the hope someone out there trips it.  Though I guess in this crazy market maybe they all hit anyway. 

On 11/13/2021 at 9:10 AM, Mickey7 said:

Hmm, not sure any of these reserves will hit.  I would think if a consigner insists on a reserve, the auction house should make it a low end # to ensure it sells.  Not some pie-in-the-sky # with the hope someone out there trips it.  Though I guess in this crazy market maybe they all hit anyway. 

If they don't, that could signal a slow shift downward in this overheated market.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:43 PM, tth2 said:

Reserve of $240k on the TOS 50 1st Mandarin.

Reserve of $120k on the JIM 93 splash.

Reserve of $150k on the Conan 15 cover.

Why do OA consignors have no cajones?

Do these high reserves ever get met? 
I thought about doing reserves but think most people ignore those lots.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:25 AM, robert frey said:
On 11/14/2021 at 2:18 AM, batman_fan said:

In some cases, yes

there was a high reserve for the bw avengers and the steranko cap dps last auction and both met and exceeded the reserve.

Both were actually pretty realistic reserves and the Steranko actually ended up going for less than I expected.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:33 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

Missed an item I wanted today and the established pattern held fast once again.  And that pattern is-- 

If there's something I want and I remember to log in and bid live, I will be outbid by people willing to spend 3X as much and I'll have completely wasted precious time that I can never get back.

If there's something I want and I FORGET to log in and bid, I will check to see what it went for it and discover that it sold for 1/3 of what I would have bid.  

That happened to me before and is the worst. Then I found out about phone bidding where Heritage calls you a few lots before. Really is the best way to go although I still try to be at my computer just in case lol

On 11/13/2021 at 9:53 PM, tth2 said:

The only one of the three that I personally think has a chance of being met is the Conan 15 cover.

But I've been woefully underestimating this market for years now, so I'm the worst predictor.

In this case, you were exactly correct.