• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA
2 2

145 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 1:49 PM, szav said:

The Panic  #1 seemed like a nice result for a GA cover… going for 132k, about 7 times higher than it was at the start of live bidding.

Semi Key in the Mad vein... thought the price was a good result but nothing crazy

On 11/18/2021 at 3:05 PM, batman_fan said:

This one really surprised me.  It was an iconic piece but wow.

It doesn't have a ton of eye appeal to me personally, either.   I'm sure many fondly remember the book but yeah, surprised me too.

Then again, its only 3x an invaders cover, I guess

Edited by Bronty

On 11/18/2021 at 1:33 PM, Bronty said:

It doesn't have a ton of eye appeal to me personally, either.   I'm sure many fondly remember the book but yeah, surprised me too.

Then again, its only 3x an invaders cover, I guess

lol Well when you put it like that !  A lot of the no-reserve art was strong

On 11/19/2021 at 4:05 AM, batman_fan said:
On 11/19/2021 at 2:27 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

$312K

Original Comic Art:Covers, John Romita Sr. Origins of Marvel Comics Cover Original Art (Simon & Schuster, 1974)....

Expand  

This one really surprised me.  It was an iconic piece but wow.

Iconic and Maximum Nostalgia, baby!  For many of us, this was our first chance to read the first appearances of Marvel's lead heroes.

But yeah, that price is much higher than I expected.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:09 AM, EXPhysiker said:

Some pages from the Shamus Masterwork collection (Wizard owner) sold 8 years ago at Heritage (late 2013)

Batman Kelly Jones Pinup was $2.390 - now $18.600 (+687%)

Maxx #1/2 Cover was $5.975 - now $24.000 (+302%)

Jim Lee Punisher was $6.573 - now $78.000 (+1.087%)

Happy with the Jones.

I received higher offers privately for the Maxx 1/2 cover, Someone got a steal for peak Kieth Maxx in his MCP style. I’m actually trying to find the buyer as I’d like the opportunity to get it back someday.

I still can’t believe what the Punisher went for but it was a really nice piece. 

My Frazetta watercolor went below what I purchased it for and was surprised.

Azrael did ok

I thought my MCP 2 was a good buy. Congrats to the new owner.

My Knightfall and Maximum Carnage pages were good buys too.

I never intended on selling these and only purchase what I love which made this difficult. I’m sure I have pieces that would have a higher return but 90s OA needs more time to mature. 

On 11/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, buttock said:

Jeff Jones Idyl went for $38.4k!  Wow.  

That blew my mind as I recall a similar page years back for a fraction of this when I purchased my Frazetta. Jones deff beat out my Frazetta. I’m guessing it’s because it’s published but did extremely well. Or is Jones OA hot?

On 11/20/2021 at 4:33 AM, batman_fan said:

I hope Tim was able to snag that Peanuts Spike daily he was drooling over.

:baiting:

In the end, I couldn't bring myself to actually bid on it out of fear I might actually win it. 

What did it end up going for?

Edited by tth2

On 11/19/2021 at 11:27 PM, jsylvester said:

Happy with the Jones.

I received higher offers privately for the Maxx 1/2 cover, Someone got a steal for peak Kieth Maxx in his MCP style. I’m actually trying to find the buyer as I’d like the opportunity to get it back someday.

I still can’t believe what the Punisher went for but it was a really nice piece. 

My Frazetta watercolor went below what I purchased it for and was surprised.

Azrael did ok

I thought my MCP 2 was a good buy. Congrats to the new owner.

My Knightfall and Maximum Carnage pages were good buys too.

I never intended on selling these and only purchase what I love which made this difficult. I’m sure I have pieces that would have a higher return but 90s OA needs more time to mature. 

Congrats Jason.  Truly amazing pieces of quality 90s art delivered hefty proceeds that I know are going to important needs. I thought my proxy bid for the Kelley Jones would win it but foiled by a cut bid. Jim Lee Punisher pieces are blazing hot, esp those with Wolverine. 

On 11/19/2021 at 9:32 PM, jsylvester said:

That blew my mind as I recall a similar page years back for a fraction of this when I purchased my Frazetta. Jones deff beat out my Frazetta. I’m guessing it’s because it’s published but did extremely well. Or is Jones OA hot?

I haven't seen an Idyl or I'm Age at auction in 7-8 years, so I'm guessing it's pent up demand.