• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA
2 2

145 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2021 at 5:08 PM, Drummy said:

The only cover I was watching for fun was the Iron Man #95 cover by Kirby.  Figured 50k, maybe.

$93,000...yowza.

Dan

Original Comic Art:Covers, Jack Kirby and Al Milgrom Iron Man #95 Cover Original Art (Marvel, 1977)....

Beautiful cover that hits a nostalgic sweet spot for me.  I agree it went higher than expected.  I love these full detailed background covers from the 70s/80s. 

On 11/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

$408K for the Brunner Dr Strange #1 cover :ohnoez:

No more reaction to this? If it was his first appearance I guess I get it but otherwise, wow - it is a great one for sure so congrats to all!

Edited by mtlevy1

On 11/20/2021 at 11:01 PM, batman_fan said:
On 11/20/2021 at 4:12 PM, tth2 said:

In the end, I couldn't bring myself to actually bid on it out of fear I might actually win it. 

What did it end up going for?

$10k :whatthe:

Okay, I said in the GA thread that I'm not shocked by prices anymore.

I lied.

I'm shocked. :whatthe:

I also want to meet the buyer.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:49 PM, mtlevy1 said:

No more reaction to this? If it was his first appearance I guess I get it but otherwise, wow - it is a great one for sure so congrats to all!

It’s a cool cover don’t get me wrong, but the $408k sale surprised me as well. 

Ditto.   I figured 250.

in comics I found the Lois lane 106 for 57k shocking as well, although I don’t follow the book 

Edited by Bronty

On 11/21/2021 at 1:06 AM, tth2 said:

Okay, I said in the GA thread that I'm not shocked by prices anymore.

I lied.

I'm shocked. :whatthe:

I also want to meet the buyer.

It’s like I said in that other thread, we joke around about how fun it would be to own terrible examples but then when it comes time to write the check, boy it’s hard to do. 

On 11/21/2021 at 8:11 AM, batman_fan said:

I was completely shut down.  Good news is there is always the next one!

I'm done too.  I was willing to go 5 on the Mazz Kingpin but it went for 10!  Then again, I was only willing to go 5 because I thought it would be a good buy at that price :bigsmile:

Now I'm just curious where the Tim Sale Batman will finish it (not bidding)

Malvin

The 7x10 Bill Ward ink piece went for almost $2,000.  Seems to me that's about 3x the recent market.  Bill Wenzl's are now about $1,000 each for ink wash examples and of course Dan Decarlo Humorama cartoons have gone up a lot over the last few years.  I guess that the Big 3 of Humorama are getting their due.

Mike

Jokes aside, I’m not surprised that there would be fans of that item.    If a Bruner Dr Strange is 400k, why not 200k for that.   300 is surprising but someone clearly wanted it