• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why am I getting my books back so quick?
3 3

45 posts in this topic

I'm not complaining at all but a batch of ten modern comic books (no fast track) I sent for grading 5 weeks ago have been graded and are on their way back to me. I didn't think I would see these before next year. I'm pretty floored by this. Am I too cool for school? Am I better looking than I thought?

Edited by Prince Namor of Atlantis

On 10/1/2021 at 12:18 AM, Prince Namor of Atlantis said:

I'm not complaining at all but a batch of ten modern comic books (no fast track) I sent for grading 5 weeks ago have been graded and are on their way back to me. I didn't think I would see these before next year. I'm pretty floored by this. Am I too cool for school? Am I better looking than I thought?

Makes me want to send some books in!

On 9/30/2021 at 6:18 PM, Prince Namor of Atlantis said:

I think I got you beat.
  • I had 25 "Modern" tier comics (not fast track) delivered by USPS to CGC on September 1st.
  • It was acknowledged as "Received" on my CGC Submission Tracking page on September 29th.
  • The status then changes to "Shipped" on September 30th (Yes...1 day later!!!).  The books are currently on their way back to me.
Now...That's what I call lightning fast customer turnaround service!!!

The icing on the cake is that that 21 out of 25 of my books (mosting mid 70's to 80's stuff) received either a 9.8 (11 books) or 9.6 (10 books).

If only all of my submittals to CGC was like this...

:-)

On 10/1/2021 at 3:01 PM, da.amazing.spiderman said:
I think I got you beat.
  • I had 25 "Modern" tier comics (not fast track) delivered by USPS to CGC on September 1st.
  • It was acknowledged as "Received" on my CGC Submission Tracking page on September 29th.
  • The status then changes to "Shipped" on September 30th (Yes...1 day later!!!).  The books are currently on their way back to me.

The icing on the cake is that that 21 out of 25 of my books (mosting mid 70's to 80's stuff) received either a 9.8 (11 books) or 9.6 (10 books).

Sent 25 Modern books in April 9, marked as received June 14.  Listed as in Grading Sept 24th. No updates since and as of today CGC Sub tracking appears not working. Must be nice to get lucky w/CGC, probably for best it does not happen to me as the shock would likley give me a stroke or coronary...

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, da.amazing.spiderman said:
I think I got you beat.

Delivered on June 28, Received on August 21 and still scheduled for grading.  Just lousy 3 Modern books.  Did you cut the long line?