• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regrading a CGC slab

5 posts in this topic

prior to the new submission form there was a section to regrade an already graded cgc slab while putting in a minimum grade to avoid your card getting a lower grade then what it currently is however this new submission form does not show an option to do this unless your graded card is in a psa or bgs slab so my question is, is there no way of regrading a cgc slab while opting in for a minimum grade?

• Administrator
On 10/1/2021 at 10:50 AM, Sawwed said:

prior to the new submission form there was a section to regrade an already graded cgc slab while putting in a minimum grade to avoid your card getting a lower grade then what it currently is however this new submission form does not show an option to do this unless your graded card is in a psa or bgs slab so my question is, is there no way of regrading a cgc slab while opting in for a minimum grade?

Hello, CGC Trading Cards offers a Crossover for cards encapsulated in a Beckett and/or PSA holder. Or we offer a ReHolder option, where a CGC Trading Cards graded card will maintain its grade but be replaced in a new holder. However, we do not offer a Screening option for Trading Cards. 

Best -

On 10/5/2021 at 1:41 PM, Habby2324 said:

Hello, CGC Trading Cards offers a Crossover for cards encapsulated in a Beckett and/or PSA holder. Or we offer a ReHolder option, where a CGC Trading Cards graded card will maintain its grade but be replaced in a new holder. However, we do not offer a Screening option for Trading Cards. 

Best -

@Habby2324 or @PaulS. Does the Reholder option always include a brand new label being put in the holder?

I ask because I'm OCD and would like all my older cards that still have the solid blue CGC label to be given the newer label that fades to white and is on glossier paper. Can I submit my older slabs under the Reholder option to get the new label without having to worry about the grades changing?

• Administrator
On 11/9/2021 at 10:43 AM, RoLaren said:

@Habby2324 or @PaulS. Does the Reholder option always include a brand new label being put in the holder?

I ask because I'm OCD and would like all my older cards that still have the solid blue CGC label to be given the newer label that fades to white and is on glossier paper. Can I submit my older slabs under the Reholder option to get the new label without having to worry about the grades changing?

Hello,

The Reholder option typically does not get a new label. The original label is placed in a new holder. There are cases where a Reholder is requested and a new label is needed to be printed like the cert# is not pulling properly in our system, for example. If you wish for a new label with a Reholder you will need to ask our Customer Service team if/how that can happen.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:44 PM, Habby2324 said:

Hello,

The Reholder option typically does not get a new label. The original label is placed in a new holder. There are cases where a Reholder is requested and a new label is needed to be printed like the cert# is not pulling properly in our system, for example. If you wish for a new label with a Reholder you will need to ask our Customer Service team if/how that can happen.

Thank you @Habby2324. Could you give me the best email address to use to do that? Thanks for your help.