• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BWS Weapon X at auction
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2021 at 7:47 PM, stinkininkin said:

Wonder if this beats that last Weapon X splash/cover from last year that went for about 178k?

I guess yes

I would drown in that pool, but does venue matter at that stage of the game?

I might even take that Doctor Strange over this though! ;-)

Edited by Bird
are stats original, or a donnelly type addition later on in the game?

This just got posted for the upcoming Clink auction. Wonder if this beats that last Weapon X splash/cover from last year that went for about 178k? Should be an entertaining outcome! :popcorn:

k8fLl5yD_0110211918201gpadd.jpg

I think it will destroy the previous one.   That’s the one to have.

On 10/1/2021 at 7:56 PM, Bird said:

I guess yes

I would drown in that pool, but does venue matter at that stage of the game?

I might even take that Doctor Strange over this though! ;-)

Yeah true.   Probably not the right venue, but still

On 10/1/2021 at 8:41 PM, Will_K said:

ComicLink is weird in that they indicate in advance when bidding starts but not when it ends. 

How can I tell how long I have to break all my piggy banks ?

Aren’t their auctions like 30 days now? It’s pretty long. 

On 10/1/2021 at 4:47 PM, stinkininkin said:

This just got posted for the upcoming Clink auction. Wonder if this beats that last Weapon X splash/cover from last year that went for about 178k? Should be an entertaining outcome! :popcorn:

I really liked all his Weapon X stuff. This one is a cover I’ll always think of from the time period. I suspect some serious money will indeed find this one on the final day of auction.

Do folks really think this will go for more than what the other cover sold for last year? I find the other cover to be so much more appealing than this one, but perhaps it’s just me? (shrug)

On 10/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Do folks really think this will go for more than what the other cover sold for last year? I find the other cover to be so much more appealing than this one, but perhaps it’s just me? (shrug)

What is the other cover?

Should be a BWS record price. Seems like the previous CL cover being originally a slash page it wouldn’t be as coveted as the original group of Marvel Presents covers. Of the original covers this one is my favorite and as an added bonus ol Logan is wearing his fancy helmet. If there’s a claws out tax imagine the tax for the purdy wolvie tech hat …Cha Ching!!!

On 10/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I agree the other cover/splash is better, but it seems reprint covers always go for less than main covers due to wide recognition of the main covers. I would expect this to go for more.

As people said, that other cover is a reprint cover, but also - I don’t think the other cover is better.   There’s more going on in the other cover, but this is better to look at , at least to me, and mostly importantly it’s just the most memorable one of the series .

Yeah, this is the best one of that series.  Should smash the 178k.  

Why do you think Clink is the wrong venue?   I've always thought they were the go to spot for art from this period.   They seem to get really strong prices for "modern" art.  

Edited by chrisco37

On 10/6/2021 at 11:52 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I have no skin in this game but I took a look at all of the BWS Weapon X covers this morning and I’d have to place this one somewhere in the middle of the pack…decent, but I’d prefer 5 other covers over this one.

a8728e165228942d807642e274efbdb0.jpeg