• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Membership and Pricing due to Turnaround Times?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

I renewed my membership in February 2021 as Premium. That gave me 10% off of grading for the year and the $150 credit. I sent books in July that weren't logged in until September. Now, it seems that turnaround times could last for several months....long after my membership expires (if I do not renew). Also, the memberships changed. Will CGC honor the the $150 credit and 10% if the books aren't graded until after my membership expires, for instance in July of 2022 for example. Please help if you know the answer.

• Administrator

Hello,

Yes, if you renewed your membership prior to the change we made in fees and benefits on 4-28 then you will still receive the old membership benefits until your membership expires for that year.  Then, when you renew next year, the new benefits would kick in.  That would apply just to member benefits, however.  Any orders completed after 4-28-21 will have the updated pricing.  

Thanks!

I don't think you are answering the question he is posing...if books sent to cgc in July are graded after his membership expires in February will he still get the credit? Or does he lose the credit when membership expires in February if the books he sent in July are not yet graded

This is an interesting question. Do credits and fees get charged to membership when books are received by cgc or when grading is complete?

I am in a similar situation.  My membership expires 11-17-21.  I'm currently packaging books to send this week.  Will I need to renew to have this submission graded?

I feel like if I submit the form online, before my membership expires, the membership benefits/credits should still apply even though it will be 6 months +/- before the services are actually rendered.  Otherwise I'm just paying a membership fee for idle time.

they could just add a statement like "credit applied to first order received after sign up date, no expiration" along with "membership (but not necessarily credit) expires 365 days after sign up date"

• Administrator

Good morning,

As long as your membership is active when we receive your order, we can process it.  If your membership has expired before we receive your order then you will need to renew before we can start the process.  

Thanks,

On 10/19/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

As long as your membership is active when we receive your order, we can process it.  If your membership has expired before we receive your order then you will need to renew before we can start the process.  

Thanks,

Thanks for the response.

So in reality, a CGC membership is not for an entire year.  It is for a year minus the idle time it takes to process incoming packages. 

Currently, I see that CGC is opening boxes from September 20th, one month ago.  So even if I use the online submission form and have my packages post marked before my membership expiration date, I will need to renew.  

I am having a difficult time processing this, and I feel like the question has not been answered...please do not take offense Jennifer as I appreciate your responses. Due to the high demand and slow processing times (which is fine as long as CGC is maintaining their standards) unless someone literally joins today, and sends their books tomorrow the credit/10% discount could not apply. I sincerely hope that CGC will do the right thing and process the invoice that I printed and sent with the books back in July. I know that the 10% was applied on the invoice, but the credit is substantial as well and it is not the public's fault that books being pressed and graded are literally taking 10 months. I know that we are not charged until they begin pressing/grading and again that could begin after my membership has expired. I am not sure I will be renewing since they recently changed the membership tiers/benefits so we will see what happens...

On 10/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, Dhitaker07 said:

I am having a difficult time processing this, and I feel like the question has not been answered...please do not take offense Jennifer as I appreciate your responses. Due to the high demand and slow processing times (which is fine as long as CGC is maintaining their standards) unless someone literally joins today, and sends their books tomorrow the credit/10% discount could not apply. I sincerely hope that CGC will do the right thing and process the invoice that I printed and sent with the books back in July. I know that the 10% was applied on the invoice, but the credit is substantial as well and it is not the public's fault that books being pressed and graded are literally taking 10 months. I know that we are not charged until they begin pressing/grading and again that could begin after my membership has expired. I am not sure I will be renewing since they recently changed the membership tiers/benefits so we will see what happens...

Thanks for posting this question.

Here’s what the $150 credit info button shows on the membership page.

FDC8987F-DC7F-43CC-B2ED-FC698CEE0C33.jpeg.1298613f276679bd888a549536959090.jpeg

I think CGC should extend everyone’s membership at least six months and probably a year at no charge if they submitted an order since January 1, 2021.

I don’t think they would ever consider that but what the heck. A guy can wish, right?

If you want to use your credit before your membership expires and have books to be graded that you haven’t been charged for, call CGC and ask them to bill you for your open orders. That should burn your credit. This won’t work for prescreens though.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 10/4/2021 at 9:20 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Hello,

Yes, if you renewed your membership prior to the change we made in fees and benefits on 4-28 then you will still receive the old membership benefits until your membership expires for that year.  Then, when you renew next year, the new benefits would kick in.  That would apply just to member benefits, however.  Any orders completed after 4-28-21 will have the updated pricing.  

Thanks!

What new benefits?  I only see them being taken away  

I am currently getting ready to send in a submission before my membership expires on 9-20-23. IF I DO NOT renew my membership, do I still get the credit for grading these comics BECAUSE CGC will receive the books before my membership expires, or ONLY WHEN they finish grading them, which would probably be well after the expiration?