• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #50 -the grade is in!
4 4

22 posts in this topic

The 2" mostly color-breaking crease across the bottom-right corner immediately puts the book in the sub-VF range for me.  Factor in the soft corners, light front cover edge wear, and light back cover soiling, and light toning, and I'm at 6.5 FN+.

A note to all: every collector I've personally known has, at one time or another, snagged a book on tape left attached to the top flap of the bag.  The smart ones immediately change their ways and always completely remove the tape (or discard the bag).  The really, really, really smart ones learn from the mistakes of others!  :preach:

On 10/3/2021 at 9:49 AM, zzutak said:

The 2" mostly color-breaking crease across the bottom-right corner immediately puts the book in the sub-VF range for me.  Factor in the soft corners, light front cover edge wear, and light back cover soiling, and light toning, and I'm at 6.5 FN+.

A note to all: every collector I've personally known has, at one time or another, snagged a book on tape left attached to the top flap of the bag.  The smart ones immediately change their ways and always completely remove the tape (or discard the bag).  The really, really, really smart ones learn from the mistakes of others!  :preach:

Thanks for the advise and input. Yeah, this is the first time this has happened to me. Believe me, it hurt when it happened. Lesson learned. Still happy that I was able to get a decent 50 for my collection.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:45 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Hmm you can’t even see the tape snag in the full on photo. It must be super small.

7.5 from me

Yeah, the cover photo I put up the was just before the snag. I forgot to post a pic of the cover after. The snag marks are small, but there. I am going to have it pressed and cleaned. We will see what it grades as.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:53 AM, Odda said:

Yeah, the cover photo I put up the was just before the snag. I forgot to post a pic of the cover after. The snag marks are small, but there. I am going to have it pressed and cleaned. We will see what it grades as.

Oh no you snagged it whilst taking pics !?!?!?! Well...even still its a great copy. You might have lost a grade point because of it.

Every collector at some point has tape snagged a book.....it happens. And when it does you never let it happen again haha

On 10/6/2021 at 6:35 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Oh no you snagged it whilst taking pics !?!?!?! Well...even still its a great copy. You might have lost a grade point because of it.

Every collector at some point has tape snagged a book.....it happens. And when it does you never let it happen again haha

Na, I was taking it out of the bag to give it a look over to see if it was worth sending in. With the cost of pressing/grading I wasn’t sure. At this point it is going in my personal collection. Would be sending in just for the protection.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:40 PM, JohnH19 said:

It’s amazing how often that issue seems to have a right bottom corner crease. My raw 7.0ish copy has one, too.

Yeah, I usually see this book is pretty rough condition. I was very fortunate to find this copy. The only thing I am not sure about is how much that tape snag is going to affect the grade. No plans on selling it though, for my personal collection.