• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cards or comics...one must go
1 1

8 posts in this topic

My wife has given me the a choice, your comics or your cards must go before we get the car in . Some background on me, I have been a comic book collector for over 55 years, buying FF1 off the newsstand. As a young boy I also collected cards...the cool ones...Mars attacks, baseball etc and all my 1960's stuff never made it with me in a move around 1966. In the early 1980's I went back into baseball and all types of cards head first. From 1982 to say 1995 I was serious collector...over 100,000 cards. We then moved and the wife said, either no more comics or cards, you pick one, I continued to collect comic books. Now that we are buying a tesla....well I need the space to put a charger and car into the old garage. So, here lies the problem. I  have not really paid any attention to the card market in the last 20 years or so. Should I sell the entire collection in one shot or possibly piece it out and where would be in your opinion the best way to go about this. If any board member would be interested please pm me.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:20 AM, Nick Hageman said:

Do some research on sold prices on eBay, I think you would get A LOT more if you pieced it out.  It's going to be way more work, but I think it would be worth it.

Agreed.

Don't buy the Tesla. Just sayin'...(tsk)