• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So assuming if Facebook really is gone for good…
1 1

19 posts in this topic

just like every comic book is someone first comic book...Lee will now get PMs asking about these awesomely priced pieces of art!

I remember the first time I saw Lee repost some ads, all those years ago. My heart was racing and I was getting lightheaded! (prices were closer to the originals in those days so the mistake was easier to make)

On 10/5/2021 at 9:30 AM, Bird said:

just like every comic book is someone first comic book...Lee will now get PMs asking about these awesomely priced pieces of art!

I remember the first time I saw Lee repost some ads, all those years ago. My heart was racing and I was getting lightheaded! (prices were closer to the originals in those days so the mistake was easier to make)

I made that mistake 20 years ago.

In the course of writing about various things in CFA-APA, Richard Martines re-printed an ancient Sandy Blatt CBG Wrightson advertisement (ca. 1980).

It wasn't so much the prices that got me, it was the vast selection!

On 10/5/2021 at 9:43 AM, vodou said:

I made that mistake 20 years ago.

In the course of writing about various things in CFA-APA, Richard Martines re-printed an ancient Sandy Blatt CBG Wrightson advertisement (ca. 1980).

It wasn't so much the prices that got me, it was the vast selection!

I actually said about 20 years ago in my original post but edited it before posting, but yeah, long time ago.

On 10/6/2021 at 11:25 AM, Bill C said:

But what is hate speech? Who are the people pushing that narrative, and how hateful and fascist are they themselves? And why are arguably more important whistleblowers in the news today being totally ignored by mainstream media, while this person is being pushed? And who really is this facebook whistleblower, and what is her past activism history?

Last I'll bother to say on the matter here, as we arent allowed to talk politics on the site. 

The person labeled as a whistleblower furnished reams of data to the Wall Street Journal from her two years time there while working on issues which I will loosely call “personal negative corrective procedural development”—namely, fixing stuff. What I found particularly interesting was that while Facebook spends money on hiring people, it apparently does not implement procedures which would reduce its status as a forum that is attractive to advertisers. Basically, even bigots buy cars. Zuckerberg has now responded stating that controversies on this subject drive away advertisers. Maybe some advertisers, but like I said, even bigots buy cars. “Hate speech” is whatever you want it to be, but it is generally the antithesis of conventional opinion, and usually is just perjorative. 

On 10/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, Bill C said:

But what is hate speech? Who are the people pushing that narrative, and how hateful and fascist are they themselves? And why are arguably more important whistleblowers in the news today being totally ignored by mainstream media, while this person is being pushed? And who really is this facebook whistleblower, and what is her past activism history?

Last I'll bother to say on the matter here, as we arent allowed to talk politics on the site. 

Remember that foreign agents used Facebook to disseminate false information to interfere with our democratic process, and quite successfully I might add, in their favor. The whistleblower’s report also shows the negative impact IG has on adolescent girls. It’s not just about hate speech.