• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC be grading the new METAL cards from the Celebrations Ultra Premium Collection?

8 posts in this topic

The question is in regards to the Pikachu and Charizard metal cards coming out in the ultra premium collection

https://www.pokebeach.com/2021/10/metal-charizard-and-pikachu-cards-from-celebrations-revealed

Are these "cards"?  They can't be played....they're made of metal....would they fit in the holder?  Are they going to be able to submitted to be graded?

• Administrator

While I cannot say for sure until we have some in hand, I would say that we probably can grade these. It just depends how they fit in the holder.

Thank you,

Paul

On 10/26/2021 at 6:46 AM, PaulS. said:

Yes, that is our official Instagram. We will be grading those metal cards.

Paul

That's great news.

I am wondering, has there been any "stress" test on these? I have yet to have the 'card' in my hand but from some videos people are posting, there's some "flaking" where the print is coming off the edges fresh out the box.

Would slabbing these kinds of cards accelerate the edge wear for these metal cards? I hope you guys gave it a very good (like machine) shake in there to see if the wear warrants a soft protection inside.

Another question:

For the Non Metal Gold Cards(Pikachu and Pokeball), would you happen to know if these are a type of "Gold Plated" cardboard or usual Gold Print one would find on any Pokemon Gold style card?

On 10/26/2021 at 2:46 AM, PaulS. said:

Yes, that is our official Instagram. We will be grading those metal cards.

I can't seem to find the card when I type in charizard gold plate anniversary  in the submission form.