Private Signing - Frank Miller
1 1

14 posts in this topic

  • Administrator
Attention comic fans! CGC will be hosting the Legendary Frank Miller for an upcoming Private Signing Event! The submission cut-off date is Friday, November 12. So get your comic books ready because, in addition to his signature, Miller will also be offering his great Remarques and Sketches for purchase that you won't want to miss out on! Click the link below to check out his Remarque and Sketch options and for the full signing details!

miller__SIGNING_EMAIL3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 12:58 PM, Mmanick said:

When will frank actually be signing the books ? I’ve had my book with you guys since November 2nd

You have a while to wait.  They are still accepting submissions.  The last day of submission is Jan 1 2022.  What you see for Nov 12 is old and was changed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 11:41 AM, waynemel said:

You have a while to wait.  They are still accepting submissions.  The last day of submission is Jan 1 2022.  What you see for Nov 12 is old and was changed.  

Ahh got you thanks for that. Wonder what happened with the original date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sent in a couple books and my submission currently says “Scheduled For Grading”. Does this mean they were signed?

Don’t remember from past signing events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 1:32 PM, docgo said:

I sent in a couple books and my submission currently says “Scheduled For Grading”. Does this mean they were signed?

Don’t remember from past signing events.

given the last date for submission is now 1/1/22 clearly they have not been signed 

SFG status is what will be reflected upon receipt by CGC 

Edited by StillOnly25Cents
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 1:44 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

given the last date for submission is now 1/1/22 clearly they have not been signed 

SFG status is what will be reflected upon receipt by CGC 

So they’ve gotten rid of the “received” status? He could be coming in a second time if they had an overflow of late submissions (shrug)

I just checked the last Miller signing thread and most people had the “received” designation before they were actually signed. I don’t know…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 2:26 PM, docgo said:

So they’ve gotten rid of the “received” status? He could be coming in a second time if they had an overflow of late submissions (shrug)

I just checked the last Miller signing thread and most people had the “received” designation before they were actually signed. I don’t know…

Just received a reply from CGC and they said the signing has not occurred yet. Perhaps they mistakenly put the “Scheduled for Grading” designation on my submission because it obviously doesn’t make sense lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 3:55 PM, docgo said:

Just received a reply from CGC and they said the signing has not occurred yet. Perhaps they mistakenly put the “Scheduled for Grading” designation on my submission because it obviously doesn’t make sense lol

it was not a mistake, it is scheduled for grading ..... after the signing, there is no "awaiting signing" status

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 5:32 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

it was not a mistake, it is scheduled for grading ..... after the signing, there is no "awaiting signing" status

But they haven’t been signed yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 11:31 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

you are right

your book was received and some back room CGC employee by the name of Frank Miller signed your book and now it is scheduled for grading 

best of luck with your submission

I have no idea what’s going on here. Have a nice life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CGC's status explanations below.  My take is that "Received" is simply an acknowledgment that a submission with a particular submission number is in CGC's possession.  At this point, the individual books in the submission have not been "verified," and on the submission tracking page the submission number is black and you cannot get any more details.  In my experience, pretty much the only submissions that ever are at "Received" (as opposed to "Received at CCS") are Signature Series that were submitted by a facilitator using a paper form and are not going to be pressed.  Once the individual books have been "verified," the status moves to "Scheduled for Grading," and the submission number is red and you can click on the submission numbers for an itemization of the submission.  At this point, the submission is in the "queue" to be graded, but for the in house signings, it really doesn't tell you whether the signing has occurred.  It certainly does not mean that grading is imminent.  While perhaps CGC could add a "Waiting to be Signed" status or something to that effect, my guess is that they decided not to do so because that would just slow down the process by adding another step that would divert resources that are already stretched beyond thin.

 

Received / In Process

The submitted collectibles have been counted and entered in CGC’s computer system along with the submitter information, submission date and requested service. If there are multiple tiers of service, the collectibles have been separated by tier of service.

In the next step, a detailed description of each collectible will be entered in CGC’s computer system (a process commonly called “verification”). The collectibles will be separated from any paperwork that would identify the submitter and the submission will be prepared for grading.

For comic book submissions only: If CCS services were requested, the submission will be routed to CCS and the CCS services will be completed first.

Scheduled for Grading

Each collectible has now been described in detail in CGC’s computer system and checked against the submitter’s descriptions. A unique identification number has been assigned to each collectible based on the submission form number and line item number. These identification numbers are printed on temporary holders and will be used to track each collectible throughout CGC’s grading process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1