• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Return of Letter 44

16 posts in this topic

I feel vindicated as this book takes a few more steps to becoming a TV show. 
All these copies I bought I might not have to burn. Many long time boardies know
I bleed for this book I loved it. 

Seriously if you haven't read the book now would be a good time. The first issue
is a masterpiece and the ending was perfect.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 10/10/2021 at 9:08 PM, followtheleader said:

Letter 44 was really fun. 

I was bummed when it was over. 

Have to imagine the print run was really low toward the end. 

Patrick 

Comichron shows NA sales under 2500 for the last issue (35). The previous issue listed on Comichron was issue 23, which had sales at about 3300. So yeah, this would be a tough one to complete if you wanted the monthlies.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:17 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Comichron shows NA sales under 2500 for the last issue (35). The previous issue listed on Comichron was issue 23, which had sales at about 3300. So yeah, this would be a tough one to complete if you wanted the monthlies.

:censored: guess I'll never read this, don't own an issue past #24

On 10/12/2021 at 5:17 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Damn, those are super low numbers.  Thanks for posting.  

Hardly anyone was reading toward the end.

Patrick

On 10/12/2021 at 6:17 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Just bought a complete run on eBay because I don't know if I'll see another collected like that soon (or maybe I will with the buzz around it now...didn't want to take the chance).

On 10/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Just bought a complete run on eBay because I don't know if I'll see another collected like that soon (or maybe I will with the buzz around it now...didn't want to take the chance).

It was on my pull list until the end. I would sell if someone offered me a ridiculous amount; they were reprinted in trades and can be read that way

On 10/12/2021 at 11:42 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It was on my pull list until the end. I would sell if someone offered me a ridiculous amount; they were reprinted in trades and can be read that way

Yeah, I was gonna go with the trades, but I saw the listing and got them for basically cover price a piece and thought what the hell.

Just an observation on the low sales numbers on later issues. 

Issue #1 had a lot going for it - A lot of eyes were on Oni Press because of Sixth Gun (quality book, TV hype hadn’t fully died), Charles Soule solo title (he was getting hyped up back then), and the $1 cover price. 

Once people realized Sixth Gun wasn’t going to be a show and the series ended, it seemed like other Oni titles suffered with sales. 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:59 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Just an observation on the low sales numbers on later issues. 

Issue #1 had a lot going for it - A lot of eyes were on Oni Press because of Sixth Gun (quality book, TV hype hadn’t fully died), Charles Soule solo title (he was getting hyped up back then), and the $1 cover price. 

Once people realized Sixth Gun wasn’t going to be a show and the series ended, it seemed like other Oni titles suffered with sales. 

100% agree.  

Also the vast majority of people get bored with comics in a few issues.  So making thru 35 issues of that book wasn't happening for most. 

I long for Sixth Gun.  Just loved everything about it.   On a side note, Sixth Gun nosedived so hard in print run around the last 15 issues.  

Like the last issues of RoL, the last issues of Sixth Gun would be another to sock away for a future potential payday. 

Patrick 

On 10/12/2021 at 6:17 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Also, the black covers on 33/34 and the white cover on 35 ought to be fun times to find in grade.