• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2021 original art
3 3

77 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2021 at 8:04 PM, vodou said:

All this fire talk, ha ha, how many convention rooms filled with the very best in comics and original art have burned down?

Seriously. How many?

Dear Gawd - Action #1 is now even RARER than we thought ;) 

It only needs to happen once...

On 10/10/2021 at 11:09 AM, pemart1966 said:

It only needs to happen once...

Agreed.  At one time festival seating at major events was considered fine. Until Cincinnati in 1979.   I've never been to San Diego Comic Con does it appears safe from Fires and other hazards?

I'd like to mention the callous disregard for human life in at least one members posts here are in poor taste and frankly unsettling. Those of us with a conscience should at least give the overcrowding at previous NYCC's cause for pause.

Edited by MAR1979

In general, even when living on the edge (e.g. crowded comic conventions, collateralized debt), very few ask questions until something goes really, really bad.  And then everyone wants to know what the heck went wrong.  I guess I'm a misanthropic cat.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:59 AM, Will_K said:

...very few ask questions until something goes really, really bad.

That's a gem above and points directly to the lack of personal responsibility most people take over the lives of those they care about and their own lives.

Most cede that obligation to various authorities of dubious credentials or distinction, in the mistaken belief that those folks somehow much "care" more about them than they do themselves.

What a strange and dangerous assumption to make.

If I enter a situation, any situation, that I don't like or feel good about...I turn around and go the other direction (almost) immediately.

I most certainly do not wait around for somebody else to tell me to do that. I don't need to...I think for myself.

But first I usually let everyone around me know too, what's up and what I'm about.

And that has nothing with "callous disregard" and everything to do with "conscience."

🔥 25+ Best Memes About Sniper Wolf Twitter | Sniper Wolf ...

On 10/10/2021 at 1:58 PM, MAR1979 said:

I'm sure if it was on certain auction sites it would be bid up to a higher amount ;)

Not necessarily. The Ross Andru art advertisement showing the Phantom Stranger and Dr. Thirteen for $2,000 was something The Brothers weren’t able to unload for years at $1,600. And, that is a piece with low growth potential. 🦨

On 10/10/2021 at 7:15 PM, GotSuperPowers? said:

I could be wrong, but I believe this is a recreation, not the original based on a text from a friend who was at the show.

Unless my memory is failing me, my old boss/ original mentor who schooled me about all the great comic artists, bought the original cover art to issue #1 back in 1985(?)  and has it to this day.

Edited by Phill the Governor