• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
4 4

334 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2021 at 10:59 AM, batman_fan said:

I'm going to guess there will be a lot of disappointed people that click on this thread.

Yeah, but I realize where I am

Very cool thread (thumbsu

The only models I had as a kid were the snap together muscle cars. Had a 67 Thunderbird, 69 GTO and a 69 Camero 

On 10/9/2021 at 1:45 PM, Gaard said:

I remember back in the mid-70s, I sent in one of those ads from the backs of magazines where they'd send you a model every month (for a fee) until you cancelled. I remember the first model I received was some Lunar Landing thing...pretty cool. Then my mom got the first bill. She called them up and said something like, "He's only 12!", plus some more stuff that's not for the ears of children.

Then she turned her attention towards me...

The modeling bug bit me though, kinda. By the time I got to high school, I had a fairly large fleet of model rockets. Mostly Centuri, plus a few Estes.

Wow, we had identical childhoods.  I did the model club too and that was my first kit as well.  I had to cancel mine with a letter.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Yeah, but I realize where I am

Very cool thread (thumbsu

The only models I had as a kid were the snap together muscle cars. Had a 67 Thunderbird, 69 GTO and a 69 Camero 

For some reason this reminds me of my old Slot Cars and track. 

Had most of them, Frankenstein, Dracula, Superman, Superboy, Wolfman and at least 6 or 7 more. Built them, painted them and then spent an afternoon in the summer of '69 or thereabouts lining them up carefully one by one and destroying them with my BB gun. I was amazed the damage one could do to plastic with a BB.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, batman_fan said:

That one is on my "wanted" list.

every kid wanted a real flying sub more than the batmobile or anything else.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, ninanina said:

Had most of them, Frankenstein, Dracula, Superman, Superboy, Wolfman and at least 6 or 7 more. Built them, painted them and then spent an afternoon in the summer of '69 or thereabouts lining them up carefully one by one and destroying them with my BB gun. I was amazed the damage one could do to plastic with a BB.

As a kid, I was lucky to be able to buy a bottle or two of the testers paint so my models looked like crud but I had them on my desk shelves.  My dad built me a desk with four shelves above it where I had my models.

Edited by batman_fan

On 10/9/2021 at 4:25 PM, batman_fan said:

Wow, we had identical childhoods.  I did the model club too and that was my first kit as well.  I had to cancel mine with a letter.

Put me in the model of the month club too.I went a few months before canceling.Can't remember the other models but what I do recall more than anything was the glue smelled like lemon.Ross? maybe.It was supposed to be safe for sniffing.Wouldn't get you high or damage your liver.

Not that I'd know anything about that :eyeroll:

On 10/9/2021 at 8:30 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

How about a Sexy Hot Hot Model with Legs!f36d0f1e-e5d9-4f30-a600-3db17f265f10.jpg.15916087f6ff59c9c28a60491449df34.jpg

With this now they can be less disappointed.  

:gossip: Although my mind was in the gutter too, I was not disappointed.  Actually rather surprised and delighted.  Love the Aurora sets and you have an awesome collection! :cloud9:

Now somebody post  a Betty Page or Rocketeer model.I was going to get the original BP back in 1989 but I was going through the big D and moving at the time I never got a chance to complete the deal with the shop before the move.