• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
4 4

371 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2022 at 7:03 PM, batman_fan said:

Hakes auction was very very good for me.  I did snag two dupes but all the others are ones I don't have sealed.  Prices were all over the map.  Most ended up BELOW my estimate but the Wolfman and Creature went more and WAY more than I expected.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 7.59.42 PM.png

Nice haul! I don’t know about Wolfman but anything with the Creature or Godzilla sell VERY quickly at big numbers usually.

And personaly, I have always loved the monsters driving cars kits. Maybe my favorite of the Aurora kits.

On 11/22/2022 at 6:46 AM, batman_fan said:

I finally decided to snag this one.  It has been on eBay for a while and the price has been dropping to the place where I was concerned someone else may snag it.  I haven’t seen one offered for many years and felt one coming up on a Hakes auction would go for more.  I am down to one customizing kit and four Frightening Lightning kits to have the long box monster set done (note I haven’t decided whether to go after the monster cars yet)

D850AFD0-B149-4282-BA6C-5C97D986DE24.jpeg

I’m sure this isn’t socially acceptable, but I would so build this model 

On 11/22/2022 at 10:27 AM, Robot Man said:

Nice haul! I don’t know about Wolfman but anything with the Creature or Godzilla sell VERY quickly at big numbers usually.

And personaly, I have always loved the monsters driving cars kits. Maybe my favorite of the Aurora kits.

Someone just listed a sealed Godzilla kit on eBay, sold in about 20 seconds.  I missed it but saw the listing and screen shot it before it disappeared.  $1800 for it which was a smoking deal.  I go back and forth on the cars.  The box artwork is great but boy are they hard to find and pricey when you do.  I will likely go ahead to try to pick them up.  You have to have something to chase right.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, batman_fan said:

Someone just listed a sealed Godzilla kit on eBay, sold in about 20 seconds.  I missed it but saw the listing and screen shot it before it disappeared.  $1800 for it which was a smoking deal.  I go back and forth on the cars.  The box artwork is great but boy are they hard to find and pricey when you do.  I will likely go ahead to try to pick them up.  You have to have something to chase right.

Personally, I think that is a great deal for a sealed “Godzilla’s Go Cart”.

If you look at with comic book money eyes, it’s dirt cheap and one that probably never turns up…

Great set of only 4 I think.

On 11/30/2022 at 2:39 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

Speaking of building, I just finished my Polar Lights Creature from the Black Lagoon. This is an all-original new sculpt kit they made in 2012, inspired by the Aurora kits but not a reissue.

Creature 4.jpg

Creature 2.jpg

Creature 5.jpg

Creature 17.jpg

Creature 20.jpg

That looks amazing (worship)