• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
4 4

371 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2023 at 10:33 AM, F For Fake said:

I had the repro of most of these, never got around to building any of them. I need to grab that recent re-pop of the Godzilla Go-Kart, it looks fantastic.

In my 20years of at least passively collecting model kits I have never seen the original Godzilla Gocart kit for sale.  The remake is pretty nice looking.

On 3/24/2023 at 5:05 PM, batman_fan said:

In my 20years of at least passively collecting model kits I have never seen the original Godzilla Gocart kit for sale.  The remake is pretty nice looking.

I remember putting a few of those "monster hot rods" together back in the 60's and even back then I don't remember seeing a Godzilla Go-Cart anywhere. I think I had Dracula's Dragster, Mummy's Chariot and King Kong's Thronester. Such fun pieces!

image.png.05847c6475848fc7586b7bf1d6264b62.png

New group shot.  Once I get my latest winning I will have the long box monsters complete sealed except for one kit.  Had a chance to snag it but price was crazy high.  Any time I have gone crazy high on something the same kit shows up at another auction site for a lot less.  This doesn’t include the Frightening Lightening kits or Monster car kits 

7E76F863-5E80-47EA-B92C-98199751C5AF.jpeg

Ran across this upcoming auction featuring model kits if anyone is interested. Both links should take you to the auction. Also includes many monster/horror/sci-fi/superhero/fantasy themed products; toys, books, magazines, cards, buttons, model kits both completed and unopened etc. 

Horror Magazines Comic Books Toys and More | Toys Trains and Other Old Stuff LLC

https://auctions.toystrainsandotheroldstuff.com/auctions/1-834XQ7/horror-magazines-comic-books-toys-and-more

The Revell reissue of the Monster of the Movies Dracula gets my vote for the worst monster model box art ever. However, since I plan to build it (which I wouldn't want to do with a sealed original) it doesn't matter so much.

Revell Dracula.jpg

Edited by Dick Pontoon

On 11/15/2023 at 10:23 PM, batman_fan said:

Finished my Monsters of the Movies series tonight and the Monster Scenes series for thenUS released kits.  Bidding was too high on the Canadian Doctor Deadly's Daughter kit :cry:

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 8.18.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 8.18.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 8.19.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 8.20.21 PM.png

Nice! Congrats! Dr. Jekyll is a tough one, no?