• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
4 4

368 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2021 at 7:27 AM, astrometric said:

Great topic and thread! I am very thankful for my interest in monsters/models during the 70s or I would have never discovered this little gadget (spent an unlimited amount of hours building these)

gab.jpeg

Was it plaster of Paris and you ended up with a hollow statue?

On 12/20/2021 at 11:07 AM, batman_fan said:

Was it plaster of Paris and you ended up with a hollow statue?

I want to say that the resultant monsters from the molds were solid thus the muck wouldn't last you too long. We ended up making our own muck with mixed results. 

On 10/9/2021 at 12:39 PM, batman_fan said:

I should start by saying I buy complete kits still sealed.

I finally finished my Aurora Batman set.  I started buying back in the late 1980s but really only started to focus on completing in the last five years.

Aurora monster square boxes was my jam as a young kid.  I had all of them except the witch and King Kong.  Now I just need the Forgotten Prisoner

Just starting the long box monster kits.

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

these are awesome!

On 10/9/2021 at 11:30 PM, kav said:

lol I spent days building my nuclear sub model, looked at it for a while then inserted firecrackers in the missile launch tubes and blew er to smithereens.  A-OOOga A-OOga!!!  DIVE DIVE DIVE!!
Aurora 1/242 Atomic Submarine SSN Nautilus SSN-571, 708

Had this as a kid!

Are there any restrictions here, or can I discuss my Gundam model kits here too? Yay/nay? 

On 12/31/2021 at 6:11 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Are there any restrictions here, or can I discuss my Gundam model kits here too? Yay/nay? 

I'm game

Don't have any myself, find all of it fascinating 

On 12/31/2021 at 11:13 PM, The Meta said:

I'm game

Don't have any myself, find all of it fascinating 

Well, start. They're a lot easier than they look, especially for Gundam kits, my area of experience. You don't need glue, you don't need paint. Nice and easy, and fun. And it's immensely satisfying having this ultra-atriculated model figure at the end of it and being able to say 'yeah, I made that'. 

On 2/4/2022 at 11:19 AM, batman_fan said:

Newest addition. I was busy and missed out on bidding higher on the Cro man and Neanderthal kits :cry:

AF43BB29-9DA6-4EEE-A409-114CAA12732B.jpeg

These are great! I had them all back in the day. Last one I remember getting was that huge red T-Rex with the glow in the dark teeth! :x