• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
4 4

340 posts in this topic

new group shot of my Monster Scenes.  This set is a bit creepy.  So little boys can play with a 1/2 naked Vampire, Frankenstein's monster, and a murderous doctor using a scantly clad character referred to as "the victim" with various torture sets.  Almost seams like training for a future serial killer.

MonsterScenes2.jpg

New group shot of my long box monster kits.  Still need long boxes of the Wolfman, Dr Jeckle as Mr Hyde, and the 2nd issue Hunchback. Plus 4 more Frightening Lightnings.  Haven't decided if I will chase the monster cars.

newGroup.jpg

Edited by batman_fan

On 9/17/2022 at 7:59 AM, batman_fan said:

My Prehistoric Scenes collection continue to come together.  I wish they hadn't bundled the models in the auction because now I have dupes on three kits but oh well.  At some point I will sell the dupes.  I really wanted the Allosaurus  kit.  It is the 1st one I got as a kid.

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 8.53.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 8.53.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 8.54.32 AM.png

I like how they mix the eras.

Apropos of nothing, I saw a car model with original wrap intact at a sale on Thursday, but it was already in someone's basket :)

On 8/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, batman_fan said:

New group shot of my long box monster kits.  Still need long boxes of the Wolfman, Dr Jeckle as Mr Hyde, and the 2nd issue Hunchback. Plus 4 more Frightening Lightnings.  Haven't decided if I will chase the monster cars.

newGroup.jpg

Are you referring to “Dracula’s Dragster”, “Frankenstein’s Flivver”, “Mummy’s Charriot” ect? Those are probably my favorites. I never see them “in the wild” or at shows anymore. 

On 9/17/2022 at 7:59 AM, batman_fan said:

My Prehistoric Scenes collection continue to come together.  I wish they hadn't bundled the models in the auction because now I have dupes on three kits but oh well.  At some point I will sell the dupes.  I really wanted the Allosaurus  kit.  It is the 1st one I got as a kid.

I have a box full of the 1960 Pyro Dinosaur kits built ups. They have loose parts and are painted badly. Was going to redo them but just haven’t gotton around to it yet. 

On 9/17/2022 at 9:56 AM, Robot Man said:

Are you referring to “Dracula’s Dragster”, “Frankenstein’s Flivver”, “Mummy’s Charriot” ect? Those are probably my favorites. I never see them “in the wild” or at shows anymore. 

Yes, they seem real hard to find.  There was a sealed Mummy's Chariot with damage to the box and cellophane that went for around $2k.  I would guess the Godzilla one would go for $4k to $5k sealed.  I will likely try to snag them if I get an opportunity.  Most I see are not sealed but a few years back there were two kits sealed on Ebay with a "best offer".  Dracula and Wolfman I believe.  I waited too long and someone else snagged them.

Hakes is my go to for Aurora models.  I just snagged all the monster car kits they have auctioned in the past. This is everything they have sold.  You can see the Mummy shows up the most.  All of these sales are pretty old. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 10.44.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 10.44.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 10.45.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 10.45.52 AM.png

Edited by batman_fan

On 9/17/2022 at 10:59 AM, batman_fan said:

Andy Yanchus collection?

On 9/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, batman_fan said:

Yes, they seem real hard to find.  There was a sealed Mummy's Chariot with damage to the box and cellophane that went for around $2k.  I would guess the Godzilla one would go for $4k to $5k sealed.  I will likely try to snag them if I get an opportunity.  Most I see are not sealed but a few years back there were two kits sealed on Ebay with a "best offer".  Dracula and Wolfman I believe.  I waited too long and someone else snagged them.

Hakes is my go to for Aurora models.  I just snagged all the monster car kits they have auctioned in the past. This is everything they have sold.  You can see the Mummy shows up the most.  All of these sales are pretty old. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 10.44.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 10.44.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 10.45.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 10.45.52 AM.png

I'm way out of the market for the originals, but I was recently watching some reviews of the re-pop Godzilla's Go-Cart, and I think I'm going to have to buy one and build it! I used to have some of the Polar Lights repro kits, like Frankie's Flivver, but never got around to building them.

I stopped by my hobby shop this weekend and saw the Frightning Lightning Vampirella kit, which is new to me. Looks like a bigger scale. Cool stuff, but pricey!

Really enjoy this thread, and watching the collection grow!

On 9/19/2022 at 6:09 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

Andy Yanchus collection?

Yes, was interesting to watch.  Some of the earlier models went way below the estimate but the Aurora dinosaur kits did pretty good and the Micronauts were crazy to watch although I expect some of the prices will look like bargains in 5 years.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, sealed but sticker in upper right.

As a young kid that movie gave me nightmare, the child catcher was just too creepy.

There is a small subset of the movie genre models I am collecting (Lost In Space, Adam’s Family, Land of the Giants, Banana Splits, etc). 

2E6A39D1-AB87-4A82-B591-73DFE1BC5E98.jpeg

On 9/22/2022 at 8:22 AM, batman_fan said:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, sealed but sticker in upper right.

As a young kid that movie gave me nightmare, the child catcher was just too creepy.

There is a small subset of the movie genre models I am collecting (Lost In Space, Adam’s Family, Land of the Giants, Banana Splits, etc). 

2E6A39D1-AB87-4A82-B591-73DFE1BC5E98.jpeg

All freee today! :fear:

94E91404-D846-4FDE-B143-CCF75EF5920D.gif