• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age pages too brittle to press?

2 posts in this topic

I am newer to the hobby and am wondering how to tell if an older books pages are just too brittle to clean and press? If I submit these books to CCS, will the professionals there make that determination for me and just not charge for that service if it may damage the book? 

Thanks

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. The best way to tell if your book is a good candidate for pressing would be to select our screening service.  We can screen the book before it goes through CCS to see if our experts think it would benefit from that process.  If we don't think it would benefit, or if we feel the book is too brittle or fragile to safely go through the process, we would let you know and not proceed with the process.  Screening is a $15 minimum or 1% of the declared value, whichever is greater. You can find out more information about screening and pressing in general on our website here: CCS Pressing | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Thank you!