• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBAY Fraud Alert! X-Men # 7

134 posts in this topic

So in conclusion, what exactly do we have here. After all, we ARE in court and I'm on trial. The evidence on the X-Men 7 turned out to be NOTHING. Witness Bonehead Shuley, as it turned out, was wrong from the get-go. That's been established. But the BS just keeps coming. Now what? Is Court STILL in session?

Is it bad because it's politically incorrect? Or bad as in cool, phat, or whatever phrase is en vogue lately? Certainly the statement is inappropriate and juvenile in that it objectifies women. In addition, it is racially and ethnically insensitive. blush.gifblush.gif But then again this is a comic book posting board.

Hi Meth,

I still have one question in my mind and perhaps I'm not the only one, so hopefully you'll understand if I ask it of you.

I appreciate your reply that your daughter "color-touched" the scan, and not the book. However it stills seems a little strange to me for a creative young mind to color in the black areas with.... another shade of black. If I was seven years old, I'd be coloring quicksilver's shorts a completely different color or coloring someone's hair green, or something, as you alluded your daughter often does. I would not be blacking in already black areas.

I'm not laying any type of charge here. I appreciated your response and appreciate that you can obviously have no other reply than "my daughter did it" if that's the case. I totally agree that that may be the case but I think we can agree as reasonable men that it seems odd. Doesn't mean it's untrue, but seems odd. Which leaves me with a question in my mind.

I guess this is really more of a comment than a question, because, as I've stated, you've explained your side of the story so really what else can you add.

I just make this comment to state that it is not black and white in my mind and may not be black and white in the minds of others.

With all due respect,

Dan

PS very interesting comments about the West Indies! smile.gif Hmm, vacation, anyone? wink.gif

Joanna, sorry I'm being a pig, I'm male, it's instinctive! grin.gif

re: nice call, Donut!

F that! Donut's a nice guy but he's implying we're fanboy geeks. Interesting comment for a guy with a full set of 30c variants! blush.gif

No offense to you, Scottish, being another variant collector (what is the world coming to? wink.gif )

Yep, Meth's explanation didn't make sense for all the reasons you mentioned. Girls, especially, wouldn't color in the black side of the "X," they'd color people's faces or clothes. It would take quite a serious interest in art and form to want to color in the "X".

Bronty, she DIDN'T color it in black, and I'm certainly NOT going to question HER on it and give her the impression that she did anything wrong. She probably had started to color it in a bright color...silver, magenta, pink, etc., didn't like it, and changed it back to black with the push of a button (on my software, you can do that), not realizing that the hue still changed from original (do you think it was important to her...don't forget that the brightness settings weren't changed on this end. It was FOUND because the brightness and contrast was magnified about 2000%). She loves coloring on the photoshop software, and adding wind, vortex, swirl, speed, etc. effects. Adding characters and dialog boxes to covers, augmenting greeting cards, photos, putting pictures of her friends and family into the action, etc. She's creative, and I'm proud of her. She always says it's better than a coloring book because you can change it over again. She even captures other elements from other comic covers and places them on ones she's re-creating. Don't worry, it'll never happen again. From now on, I'll double check everything, even the HIDDEN, when transfering scans to Ebay. I feel the sorriest for Bonehead Shuley, who thought he had the WORLD and didn't even have a mote of dust on his "discovery" thread!!! His BIG discovery turned out to be nothing more than his wearing a mirror on his shoetop, looking down at his own reflection, into his predictably OVERSIZED abyss.

Oh, and coincidentally, she has a fondness for bordering yellow areas with purple and silver, her FAVORITE 3 color combination. When she used to color, those were the first three crayons to wear out. Would you like to question her directly, that might be right up you guys' alley? Yeah, when PIGS fly I'll let you interrogate HER. WHO else here has a BIG, BRAVE problem with my 7 year old. Let's get it out in the open RIGHT NOW. Now you want to start a war with children? THIS is a GRAVE mistake and I'm through explaining to people who aren't listening to the obvious, hey JAMES, maybe they'll listen to you that there was no color touch on the X7. Any more questions about or problems with my 7 year old, just email me. I'll be HAPPY to schedule a personal, private sitdown with the both of us, and that's NOT a veiled threat, it's an invitation. Reprobates with problems with children, molestors, pedophilists, and child abusers should be skinned alive and FED their own skin...VERY slowly, with enough poppers taped under their noses and enough stimulants IV'ed into their veins to keep them awake through the entire lengthy procedure. Just my opinion.

Joanna, sorry I'm being a pig, I'm male, it's instinctive!

Women can be just as bad, believe me (although that thought tends to frighten some men, I think). Besides, I grew up with 2 brothers, so I'm used to this stuff.

As for blondes becoming extinct, there was a news story recently that said exactly that. In less than 100 years, there will be no more natural blondes because of racial mixing. The blonde color comes from two recessive genes. A pretty difficult thing to keep going genetically speaking. So whoever said it (I forgot to check): it wasn't really a politically incorrect statement at all. Just a scientific fact.

-- Joanna

Joanna, why do so many women with beautiful blonde hair dye their roots black?

And there are many blondes that I find VERY attractive: Lil' Kim, Mary J Blige, Beyonce, and Eve to name a few.

Joanna,

About those "blondes." I saw that on the news yesterday. Hehehe, how funny. No biggie if they become extinct. There's plenty of PEROXIDE to go around tongue.gif

Will the real slim shady please stand up? tongue.gif

ALIYAH!!! NOW yer' talkin', Dog!!!!!!!!!!!! Many women that wouldn't classify as classically gorgeous have a certain appeal that transcends barbie-doll-esque looks. Lil'Kim has that slutty "s**k your D*** with an ATTITUDE then Chug-a-lug and ask for more" thing happening, Mary J. and Eve are a tad on the thick side for my taste but have that Ghetto-fabulous thing (the tiger paw tit-tattoos, door knocker earrings, hand gestures, etc.), and Beyonce is a beautiful woman, but is a little too light complexion-wise and squeaky clean for my tastes. Aliyah was the bomb on all levels.

Did you see her Vampire movie yet? I didn't have time to rent it yet, but she looks incredible on the box! First black woman I've ever seen that I didn't think looked ridiculous with those color highlighted contact lenses on.

No idea, Dog. I can't even begin to picture her with the Dwight Gooden lookalike. I'll ask Tasha, my Haitain house-mouse, as soon as she wakes up. Remarkably, she knows ALL the dope before the reporters even get wind of it. She used to go with the lead singer of the "Lost Boys" before he died in a motorcycle accident in '97, and being from St. Albans/Jamaica (N.Y.), grew up with most of today's rappers and hip-hop artists from Queens.

Dog, I asked the little one about JayZ. and Beonce. She's not sure. After JayZ. put Foxey Brown on the HipHop map and she dumped him once she felt she had gotten as far as he could take her, my T's not sure who JayZ.s squeeze may be.

Dog, the above post is mine. Can't log back in for some reason. Maybe I'm only partially banned? I guess once I make good on my promise to Arch and let folks curse me out unimpeded and agree with everyone in their badgering of me, playing the fool, he'll un-slab me.