• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Since when??

11 posts in this topic

Since when did a 2014 captain marvel 2nd print in Cgc 9.6 or 9.8 hit $4,000 or more?  Wasn’t it like $2000 6 months ago?  I’m all for people making money but surely this is out of line or are modern keys now more important than some silver age keys?

On 10/10/2021 at 11:05 PM, rckstr1253 said:

Since when did a 2014 captain marvel 2nd print in Cgc 9.6 or 9.8 hit $4,000 or more?  Wasn’t it like $2000 6 months ago?  I’m all for people making money but surely this is out of line or are modern keys now more important than some silver age keys?

Is this the Ms Marvel cover you're referring to? If so, where did you see that? Also, considering there is a somewhat limited supply, I imagine that prices will fluctuate. Just depends on how many people are watching a particular offering, and how deep their pockets are.

I'm just happy that when I was looking for Captain Marvel Comics when they announced the movie, I had to "settle" for the second print at 4.99. It's now a CGC 9.4, but I'm considering getting it pressed as it should grade higher.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is this the Ms Marvel cover you're referring to? If so, where did you see that? Also, considering there is a somewhat limited supply, I imagine that prices will fluctuate. Just depends on how many people are watching a particular offering, and how deep their pockets are.

I'm just happy that when I was looking for Captain Marvel Comics when they announced the movie, I had to "settle" for the second print at 4.99. It's now a CGC 9.4, but I'm considering getting it pressed as it should grade higher.

Yea the 2nd print. I’m kicking myself as a comic shop by me had literally hundreds of copies of this printing on their shelf for almost 2 years after it came out.  The cover is freaking ugly in my opinion.  On eBay and a 9.8 was approaching $5k with time to bid and a 9.6 is listed about $5k.  Other 9.8s are listed at 6k and higher. 

Okay... So you're talking about Captain Marvel (2014)  Issue 17, 2nd Print. (More helpful to include the issue number... :baiting: )

It's been above $5000 since Mid-March 2021.

Edited by sckao

On 10/11/2021 at 7:15 PM, sckao said:

Okay... So you're talking about Captain Marvel (2014)  Issue 17, 2nd Print. (More helpful to include the issue number... :baiting: )

It's been above $5000 since Mid-March 2021.

This???  I was hoping you were referencing the New Champions Alex Ross cover.  That is a gorgeous cover.

***This is why I stay away from collecting modernslol

captain-marvel-17-2nd-print.png.4b10ba1d64cba17d2ee1b5e61d40ffc3.png

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling bad

On 10/11/2021 at 8:41 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This???  I was hoping you were referencing the New Champions Alex Ross cover.  That is a gorgeous cover.

What's wrong with it? (Except that you didn't post the actual printed cover)

On 10/12/2021 at 11:38 AM, ygogolak said:

What's wrong with it? (Except that you didn't post the actual printed cover)

I don't even know if it's the correct cover lol.  I blame the person who started this conversation thread for not posting a pic of the cover to begin with:sumo:.

To answer the question "what's wrong with it"...nothing is wrong with it.  Most comics I collect have covers that I love...Alex Ross, Jim Lee, J. Scott Campbell, etc.  This cover just isn't my cup of tea.

***I think I could draw this cover:idea:

On 10/11/2021 at 8:41 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

captain-marvel-17-2nd-print.png.4b10ba1d64cba17d2ee1b5e61d40ffc3.png

Yep that’s the one.  Sorry I thought I had put issue 17 before the 2nd print.  But yea I guess I lost touch with this comic.  I could of sworn around April it was still $2500 in cgc 9.8.  Guess the days and months are just mixing together now.  This cover is one of the worst covers I’ve ever seen, but if others like it, cool.  I just can’t believe it’s going for that crazy amount and it’s not even her 1st appearance.  

On 10/13/2021 at 1:51 AM, rckstr1253 said:

Yep that’s the one.  Sorry I thought I had put issue 17 before the 2nd print.  But yea I guess I lost touch with this comic.  I could of sworn around April it was still $2500 in cgc 9.8.  Guess the days and months are just mixing together now.  This cover is one of the worst covers I’ve ever seen, but if others like it, cool.  I just can’t believe it’s going for that crazy amount and it’s not even her 1st appearance.  

She's not in costume in the story, so this is a first for that.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:20 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I don't even know if it's the correct cover lol.  I blame the person who started this conversation thread for not posting a pic of the cover to begin with:sumo:.

To answer the question "what's wrong with it"...nothing is wrong with it.  Most comics I collect have covers that I love...Alex Ross, Jim Lee, J. Scott Campbell, etc.  This cover just isn't my cup of tea.

***I think I could draw this cover:idea:

JSC? yikes...