• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to grading and looking for advice

2 posts in this topic

So as I suspect is the case with a number of people these days, I used to collect pokemon cards back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I recently dug out my old collection and was made aware that I should potentially look to get some of these graded.

I have asked around on some groups and discord servers and CGC came up as the place to enquire further.

I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction and let me know if that s the case. Here's a few from my collection that I suspect are considered the rarer cards?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
/Andy

pokecards.png

Others can give more specific advice, but I’ll give some general advice.

look up the “sold” prices for your cards both graded and ungraded, be conservative about the grades and prices.  After taking into account all costs (shipping and insurance both ways, invoice fees, submission fees) of submission compare the graded and ungraded to get an idea of whether submission is right for your situation.  Everyone’s financial situation and collection situation is differEnt

good luck