• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Kent coming out!
2 2

63 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 7:49 PM, Point Five said:

For the 4 or 5 people that will see this before the thread gets pulled -- I'm thrilled to see that the writer is Tom Taylor, who is for sure my favorite DC writer of the past decade. His track record is such that I have faith this will be done 'right' and not just as a gimmick. 

I couldn’t agree more. Tom Taylor is an excellent writer and and his work has been great so far. I enjoyed DCeased and I’m loving Nightwing so it’s safe to say the character development of Jon Kent is in good hands. 

On 10/11/2021 at 6:16 PM, Wolverinex said:

Louis is Superman's husband.  Get with the program. 

Louis_Lane_Earth-One_001.jpg.c5944711cc4f83ac5b599e260c2bf1c7.jpg

Looks like Richard Grayson.

Edited by grendelbo

On 10/11/2021 at 6:34 PM, grendelbo said:

Louis_Lane_Earth-One_001.jpg.c5944711cc4f83ac5b599e260c2bf1c7.jpg

Looks like Richard Grayson.

Site won't let me spell Richard's nickname!

If this makes people happy, so be it. 

I have no connect with Jonathan Kent, so for me it’s not like they are retconning a long term existing character. 

Much like someone else has stated though, sad that this is news… 

On 10/11/2021 at 10:46 PM, Nazirite said:

Bias opinion  but interesting data, what are y’all thoughts on this video? 

Guys an uninformed individual.  1) Major storylines are ALWAYS covered in the news.  Here's Captain America Leading Hydra: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/books/reintroducing-captain-america-and-dr-manhattan.html Here's returning from leading Hydra https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/books/captain-america-fighting-evil-again.html Here's the Death of Captain America https://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/08/books/08capt.html 

The reason why comics do these stories is because it shakes up the status quo and allows for new stories to be told.  Eventually the character becomes stale.  After 83 years of swooping in and saving people at the end of the day Clark Kent is a pretty tired character right?  There really isn't much more from a story perspective to tell.  So you introduce Jonathan Kent.  Now you have some new stories to tell.  What's it like growing up as the son of a literal god?  How do you handle that pressure?  That's some new space to explore.  Even more so, struggling with  ones sexuality.  O and struggling with that sexuality, while LITERALLY NEEDING TO BE THE SAVIOR OF ALL MAN KIND.  Again, Interesting.  

Then again, what do I know?  I'm just busy reading a bunch of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and MMPR comic books.  

On 10/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, Thisisrequired said:

I am going to wait and see if excite or msn confirms this. Yahoo is the perfect source for this. This may have actually been news 20 years ago when yahoo was still relevant. 

If the news arrived by Pony Express it wouldn't be any less true!  Just take a little longer!  :wink: