• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAF Premium members watching other Premium members galleries
1 1

26 posts in this topic

In Bill Cox's last ComicArtLive #64 (10/7/2021), he mentioned that they've finished implementing the ability for CAF premium members to see the other Premium members that are watching their galleries (jump to 2h 43m). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVeTnULJ8Jo

I think Bill first teased this ability about 10 years ago.

Any way, I had about 50+ CAF Premium members watching my CAF.  Now I'm currently at 41, I'm watching myself.  I've always been curious about who they were.  The list also tells you when they started watching your gallery. 

Not a fan of it but I'm not going to stop following galleries (about 1200) because of the change. 

Edited by Will_K

On 10/11/2021 at 8:20 PM, Bill C said:

Just a couple days ago I had like 21 people watching me (which is the most I ever had)- just checked now, 5 people stopped watching within a day or so, I assume due to wanting their privacy. That's cool.

I'm wondering if the number drop is that it is now only counting PREMIUM MEMBERS watching.   I had 40+ watching my CAF, now have 23 PREMIUM MEMBERS watching my CAF.  No one cares about non-premium members :baiting:

One person has been watching my CAF since 2006. He must surely be disappointed :sorry:

I noticed this too yesterday. I’ve always had around 14-16 members watching my gallery at any given time (I’m so popular). But when I noticed the function it said I had 51 members watching, then when I clicked on “Who’s watching” it said I had 71 members watching, complete with the date they started watching. Now today I’m back to 14. What gives? Was that a glitch or something?

On 10/11/2021 at 11:41 PM, John E. said:

I noticed this too yesterday. I’ve always had around 14-16 members watching my gallery at any given time (I’m so popular). But when I noticed the function it said I had 51 members watching, then when I clicked on “Who’s watching” it said I had 71 members watching, complete with the date they started watching. Now today I’m back to 14. What gives? Was that a glitch or something?

There was a glitch yesterday that said everyone had 52 people watching.., it was corrected today 

On 10/12/2021 at 4:25 AM, mister_not_so_nice said:

I'm wondering if the number drop is that it is now only counting PREMIUM MEMBERS watching.   I had 40+ watching my CAF, now have 23 PREMIUM MEMBERS watching my CAF.  No one cares about non-premium members :baiting:

Non-premium members cannot watch galleries. If you're seeing non-premium in your results I imagine these are folks who were once premium and didn't renew...

On 10/12/2021 at 4:00 AM, EXPhysiker said:

Where can I find this? But maybe noone watches me. ;)

First, are you a CAF premium member? If you are, you have to click on your dashboard icon. You’ll see a summary of your art stats, including something like “X members are watching your gallery.” The new function is a hyperlink right next to it that reads “see details.”

On 10/12/2021 at 12:29 PM, John E. said:

First, are you a CAF premium member? If you are, you have to click on your dashboard icon. You’ll see a summary of your art stats, including something like “X members are watching your gallery.” The new function is a hyperlink right next to it that reads “see details.”

Thanks, just found it. It's a nice new detail on CAF. Just watched some of the galleries and left some comments too.

I love the watch feature on CAF. I wasn't a premium member for a long time and this was a feature I had no idea I was missing. Once I signed up, it became a favorite feature and I use it multiple times a week usually - primarily to follow galleries that I really appreciate, and friends who post new art. 

As for the new addition that allows to see who follows you, I don't mind if anyone knows I follow them and am discovering some members that follow me which has me looking at their galleries. I think it is a good idea and see no downside but respect anyone who decides that they don't want anyone to know that they follow.