• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Writer Quits
2 2

90 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, Gatsby77 said:

1) Yes - because it's stealing a job from otherwise qualified people who fit the actual cultural (and - from the employers' perspective - desired) background.

2) You're misunderstanding. Fraud is fraud - material misrepresentation. Here, his cultural appropriation is a subset of his fraud (lying on his resume - and in media interviews, etc.).

This is fraud - which is wrong and illegal.

It's *also* cultural misrepresentation.

No different than if he'd stolen valor by pretending to have been a military veteran.

1) Why is a certain cultural background needed for the job? It sounds like he did it pretty well. I imagine his employers also thought so as they promoted him even after learning of his sick, twisted crimes against humanity.

2) Show me what he did that was illegal?  Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. 

3) If you don't see a difference between this and the stolen valor act, it is far too late for me to help you.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, shadroch said:

1) Why is a certain cultural background needed for the job? It sounds like he did it pretty well. I imagine his employers also thought so as they promoted him even after learning of his sick, twisted crimes against humanity.

2) Show me what he did that was illegal?  Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. 

3) If you don't see a difference between this and the stolen valor act, it is far too late for me to help you.

Illegal? Maybe not. Scummy? Definitely.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, Dave2739 said:

Put in a good word for me

I can get us like 5 anti-points each.
Similar to the anti-life equation.