• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hope an honest person received my package from CGC because I sure didn't
4 4

74 posts in this topic

I got a box back from CGC today with someone else's submission. The invoice was inside and I've already contacted the person who should have received it. 

Problem is tracking shows the delivered package as supposed to be containing books that are actually mine. To wit:

Hulk 180 6.5 CoW

Avengers 57 7.5 Ow/W 

Tomb of Dracula 10 7.5 Ow/W

Werewolf by Night 32 5.5 Ow/W

All blue labels

These are all customer submissions so pretty much a nightmare scenario. I am counting on the community to help me out since I have little faith in CGC's ability to fix this. If you received my books please contact me!

You can hope a honest person received your books. I would be hoping someone who was expecting more expensive books than mine ended up with them. 

Either way you should be fine. You have someone else's books and invoice. If you just had someone elses books but not their invoice that would be worst. Seems like only concern is if you end up with your books or compensation for them.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:11 PM, wombat said:

There is no way on earth CGC isn't 100% responsible for this. It would be absolutely shocking if they don't make this right. 

CGC is riding very high on the hog right now, sadly as such I'd be surprised if anywhere near true current market remuneration  is provided. If they do actually make good without nickel and dime-ing the submitter, Kudos it will put them ahead of PSA in terms of Professionalism and Customer service/satisfaction.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/12/2021 at 6:47 PM, Gaard said:

The person you contacted didn't receive a box?

I sent an email to what’s listed on his sub form. No response yet. Best case is CGC simply mixed up our shipments and he has my books and I got his. Then it comes down to whether he’s honest because my books are worth WAY more than the lone book I got back for him. 

Wow that is quite the mistake. Assuming they make you whole, are they going to use FMV from when you submitted or FMV from when they shipped? That could be the difference of a thousand dollars or more with those books in this fluid market.

On 10/13/2021 at 7:04 AM, WEBHEAD said:

How in Heavens name did they put on the wrong address       imagine you check your tracking and find out your books are in Antartica  WTF

Devil.jpg

Hopefully this isn't a result of the "new process" they mentioned in one of the Newbie sub-forum threads.