• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hope an honest person received my package from CGC because I sure didn't
4 4

74 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 7:49 AM, HotKey said:

Wow that is quite the mistake. Assuming they make you whole, are they going to use FMV from when you submitted or FMV from when they shipped? That could be the difference of a thousand dollars or more with those books in this fluid market.

Typically, they will refund the amount the submitter assigned to the books when they submitted them, plus the fees associated. But like Pontoon said, a phone call to them is imperative. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 10/13/2021 at 1:12 PM, slowdowntubby said:

CGC has been informed. They are working on it.

The book I received instead of my actual submission is a 2015 issue of the Twilight Zone with 15 signatures.

So while it was likley a "labor of love" probably for an old-timer, still they may rather keep the 20K or so in books they received instead.  Not sure what the legalities are here given multiple countries involved but seems to me that the person will need to voluntarily admit they received the books then send them back. The former may never have occurred and if so difficult if not impossible to prove. 

All that said most old school COLLECTORS are honest.

FWIW I do very much hope the situation is resolved to your satisfaction!

Edited by MAR1979

Really hoping for a quick resolution for you. I know some people sit on packages and don't even open them up for a long time for various reasons. Let's hope that isn't the case and they unknowingly have the wrong books. 

The book I received instead of my actual submission is a 2015 issue of the Twilight Zone with 15 signatures.

Were you happy with their response to the situation? Did is seem urgent to them?

On 10/13/2021 at 1:36 PM, Bird said:

I definitely hold myself to a high standard regarding honesty.

BUT...

I once ordered some page from Tim Townsend, the inker. Chris Bachalo Spider-Man pages. I got a few but received two extra. I thought long and hard about whether they were a gift for the order (not likely, they were nice pages) or just a mistake. So after about 90 seconds of agony I realized they had to be returned. But it was a tough 90 or so seconds.

I did receive an extra page once from an Artist. Contacted him and was told it was gift for my large volume purchase.  It's totally plausible it could have been the case, and totally human to think what you did at first glance.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/13/2021 at 2:45 PM, mrwoogieman said:
On 10/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Yup.  Not the first time this has happened.   The other time I remembered the books clocked in at $90,000 - $100,000. 

I seem to recall something about a wayward AF 15...

Or three...

1.thumb.jpg.e14549d659a32b317ca3f04f4fe5b6f0.jpg

On 10/13/2021 at 1:32 PM, MAR1979 said:

So while it was likley a "labor of love" probably for an old-timer, still they may rather keep the 20K or so in books they received instead.  Not sure what the legalities are here given multiple countries involved but seems to me that the person will need to voluntarily admit they received the books then send them back. The former may never have occurred and if so difficult if not impossible to prove. 

All that said most old school COLLECTORS are honest.

FWIW I do very much hope the situation is resolved to your satisfaction!

Then there’s the possibility that the owner of that book got someone else’s book too and the op’s books are in another party’s possession. 😳

$50 says it has the label from one of your books though.  ;)