• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hope an honest person received my package from CGC because I sure didn't
4 4

74 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 7:04 AM, WEBHEAD said:

How in Heavens name did they put on the wrong address       imagine you check your tracking and find out your books are in Antartica  WTF

Devil.jpg

USPS delivered my 9.8 newsstand Hulk 1 (2008) to a neighbor down the street. Sat on her kitchen table for a couple weeks before I got it.

On 10/21/2021 at 10:16 PM, paqart said:

USPS delivered my 9.8 newsstand Hulk 1 (2008) to a neighbor down the street. Sat on her kitchen table for a couple weeks before I got it.

USPS delivered my Af15 3.0 (which was shipped "registered") to a completely different neighborhood in my area (I thought "Registered" was supposed to be infallible).

The USPS phone system would not allow me to speak with a human.

A boardie who works for the postal service provided me with a number in which a human would answer.  Within minutes I was on the line with the manager of my local PO, and she told me she would personally drive to pick up the package and deliver it to me, which she did.

CGC was not at fault though, as they had addressed it correctly.

No comic related but I had a client order some light bulbs for a project I was doing for him.  I just told him what style to get and he ordered them.  Well UPS delivered his light bulbs to my house 45min away.  They were addressed to him but still showed up at my door.  

On 10/21/2021 at 6:19 AM, Dr. Dank said:

I don't know much about American law.

First I've heard of this happening, extrapolate 

I think you mean "explain".

On 10/22/2021 at 1:12 PM, slowdowntubby said:

Happy to say the comics I submitted are now in the hands of their rightful owner. 
I consider myself very fortunate. A less scrupulous person than Mr. 15 sig Twilight Zone would have made this a complete nightmare for me. So thank you to him. My faith in humanity is restored!

were you at least tempted to keep the 15 sig TZ and call it even?

On 10/22/2021 at 6:32 AM, gadzukes said:

USPS delivered my Af15 3.0 (which was shipped "registered") to a completely different neighborhood in my area (I thought "Registered" was supposed to be infallible).

A boardie who works for the postal service provided me with a number in which a human would answer.  Within minutes I was on the line with the manager of my local PO, and she told me she would personally drive to pick up the package and deliver it to me, which she did.

This is almost exactly what happened with my FF #1 5.5, except USPS/Canada Post. Good thing I have a buddy that works at the post office or it would have been a total nightmare. 

On 10/22/2021 at 3:12 PM, slowdowntubby said:

Happy to say the comics I submitted are now in the hands of their rightful owner. 
I consider myself very fortunate. A less scrupulous person than Mr. 15 sig Twilight Zone would have made this a complete nightmare for me. So thank you to him. My faith in humanity is restored!

Glad to hear, and thanks for keeping us in the loop!

On 10/22/2021 at 4:12 PM, slowdowntubby said:

Fantastic news! Happy to hear you finally got your books back! 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:32 AM, gadzukes said:

Similar problem I had when I started rebuilding my collection although not with the storybook ending. I’d won an auction lot of Conan from 1-25 that were admittedly delivered by the carrier to the wrong address. Kept watching tracking and they were returned to sender who denied everything and the postal service nor eBay would do anything about it.

03B65F4A-4F88-4563-BE4A-97B0E2BE7D3C.jpeg