• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
9 9

509 posts in this topic

George Pal's  Puppetoons 16

Flat and  tight,   good  gloss,  white pages.  Minor general wear,   couple tiny chips out  upper edge FC. 

Asking  $15

uN3JHRN.jpg

Showcase 43,  Doctor  No

I found this to be the toughest of the later issues of Showcase to find at all,  and this was the best copy I managed to get my hands on.
Flat,  tight,  clean,    good gloss,  white pages.  Chip out upper  RH BC,  light water  stain  FC.  Tiny tear upper edge FC. 

Asking  $100  SOLD!

u7yJJIC.jpg 

Edited by catrick339

Tales From The Great Book  #1

Chipping around  outer perimeter  FC, small tears,  pulled lower staple on CF, more  chips and small tears BC.
Tight spine and CF, decent gloss, white pages. 

Asking  $10 for a reader

jAF1W0w.jpg

Tales of the Unexpected 75
Nice Space Ranger cover on  a  solid  midgrade copy.
Small piece out  upper edge BC,  small water  upper LH corner of book.  Flat,  clean, glossy, tight,  white pages.

Yours for $15  SOLD!

XaL0tPp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 10/14/2021 at 9:39 PM, catrick339 said:

Showcase 43,  Doctor  No

I found this to be the toughest of the later issues of Showcase to find at all,  and this was the best copy I managed to get my hands on.
Flat,  tight,  clean,    good gloss,  white pages.  Chip out upper  RH BC,  light water  stain  FC.  Tiny tear upper edge FC. 

Asking  $100,  don't mind keeping this one. 

u7yJJIC.jpg 

Take

Uncanny Tales 3

Sharp early issue,  great black cover displays very well,  plenty of tiny chips, but they're  all on the perimeter.
Whiff of stacking roll, tight spine and CF, glossy,  white pages.  EDIT Pulled lower staple, split lower spine.
Not quite gemmy,  but a pretty copy nonetheless. 

Asking  $150,  FIRM

zAONzpI.jpg 

Edited by catrick339

Here we go!

Weird Tales  V12 #4, October 1928

Good sized  sealed tear lower  FC, small tear and dogears upper edge FC. Bright red full spine strip,  flat,  clean, 
glossy,  tight with  offwhite pages, brilliant  colors.  Earliest  copy I've ever had,  and a nice one to boot. 
Gotta love a woman in chains/headsman cover,  right?

Asking  $250  FIRM,  I really don't mind keeping this one. 

vBXjTwj.jpg

u9kPyjK.jpg

On 10/14/2021 at 8:46 PM, catrick339 said:

Tales of the Unexpected 75
Nice Space Ranger cover on  a  solid  midgrade copy.
Small piece out  upper edge BC,  small water  upper LH corner of book.  Flat,  clean, glossy, tight,  white pages.

Yours for $15

XaL0tPp.jpg

Take 

Just posted this over in  Announcements,   thought I'd run it past  this  crowd too.  Closely  related,  IMO

Inspiration has struck me,   in the form of   Straw-Man's  hardcover thread  over in  Mixed.  He's selling  general literature, 
and boy are his  hardcover  volumes  gorgeous.  That  copy of  Deliverance is  sorely tempting. 

Here's the thing.  I have  a good many gorgeous  hardcovers on my shelves  too,  and they're  mostly  genre fiction. 
Science fiction,  fantasy,  horror,  and  mystery/spy/adventure. 

Is there  enough   interest hereabouts  to   put together a thread in  Mixed?  Several Arkham House,   Gnome Press, Fantasy Press, Avalon,  Doubleday,  etc etc.  would  be put up for grabs,  including  Heinlein,  Leiber,  Zelazny,  King,  E E Smith,  etc etc. 

Let me know what you think. 

Edited by catrick339

On 10/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, catrick339 said:

Just posted this over in  Announcements,   thought I'd run it past  this  crowd too.  Closely  related,  IMO

Inspiration has struck me,   in the form of   Straw-Man's  hardcover thread  over in  Mixed.  He's selling  general literature, 
and boy are his  hardcover  volumes  gorgeous.  That  copy of  Deliverance is  sorely tempting. 

Here's the thing.  I have  a good many gorgeous  hardcovers on my shelves  too,  and they're  mostly  genre fiction. 
Science fiction,  fantasy,  horror,  and  mystery/spy/adventure. 

Is there  enough   interest hereabouts  to   put together a thread in  Mixed?  Several Arkham House,   Gnome Press, Fantasy Press, Avalon,  Doubleday,  etc etc.  would  be put up for grabs,  including  Heinlein,  Leiber,  Zelazny,  King,  E E Smith,  etc etc. 

Let me know what you think. 

I’m definitely interested!

Righto.  Three so far interested,  anyone else? 
And what  sorts of stuff and price range would suit you all? 
Vintage  signed  Heinleins at  $1000 - $1500? 
50's SF and Fantasy  at  $100 or so?
Obscure 70's signed horror at  $200?
Eighties and up  at  $5 - $10? 
Vintage  paperbacks featuring  true first editions by various  well known  authors?
Limited edition  signed slipcase editions  at  $50 - $500?
Autographed   copies  at  $20 to $200?

All of the above?  Inquiring minds  want to know!

In the meanwhile,  back at  2 PM or so  with another handful,  and  I'm trying  something  different with this evening's  session. 

You  Have Been  Warned,  :D