• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
9 9

509 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2021 at 1:05 PM, catrick339 said:

Righto.  Three so far interested,  anyone else? 
And what  sorts of stuff and price range would suit you all? 
Vintage  signed  Heinleins at  $1000 - $1500? 
50's SF and Fantasy  at  $100 or so?
Obscure 70's signed horror at  $200?
Eighties and up  at  $5 - $10? 
Vintage  paperbacks featuring  true first editions by various  well known  authors?
Limited edition  signed slipcase editions  at  $50 - $500?
Autographed   copies  at  $20 to $200?

All of the above?  Inquiring minds  want to know!

I'm more interested in the vintage, autographed or slipcase stuff. You had me at obscure horror...

There is at least some cross-over interest in just about any kind of paper ephemera, particularly genre stuff. I don't know that I'd list used textbooks or old auto parts catalogues on the boards, but collectible fantasy and horror hardbacks seem like a natural fit.

All right,   Gang!  Time to get started with  a bit of afternoon fun. 

Amazing  Stories V4 #8, November 1929
Bedsheet size. 

Half inch missing of  lower  spine strip,  otherwise   strip is quite  nice,  with  good  color. *Maybe* a touch of  fading,
and then again, maybe not too. Flat and tight,  square,  bold color, but  tiny corner off lower RH BC, dogears and a couple
small tears  RH edge FC.  Small corners off  many  leaves  upper  RH  corner of book, I can get you a pic or a scan if 
you want.  Supple cream pages.  Once again,  too large for my scanner,  pix of lower edges to follow. 

Asking  $30

X1nrbNu.jpg

uA28Pxz.jpg

Dynamo 4
Last issue in  this title

Light vertical crease upper center FC,  bit of general wear. 
Flat and tight,   clean and glossy,   offwhite - white pages

Asking  $10  SOLD!

mU0u13C.jpg

Edited by catrick339

King Comics 147

Touch of transverse spine roll,  tiny  split and piece out lower  LH FC, couple tears  and dogears  LH BC, 
general wear.  Tight spine  and CF, some gloss left, white pages. Popeye,  Prince Valiant,  Phantom,  etc.

Asking  $15

uyhXQWL.jpg

Frontier  Fighters Featuring  Davy Crockett   4
Short run  title  during  the  "tough"  50's DC era. 

Nice VG or better with minor general wear, glossy,  tight with white pages.  But it's a rerun,  so  I'm offering it up cheap

Take it for  $35  SOLD!

E4NOvFX.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Battle 23

Bit of chipping along  RH edge  FC, touch of light soiling BC, minor general wear. Tight spine and CF, 
cream to offwhite pages. 

Yours for $45

0PN43nt.jpg

Outlaws #2
Matt Baker art according to Overstreet, but it's  not listed on my  Baker  checklist.
*shrugs*

Small piece of old  tape lower spine,  bit of general wear, some soiling  BC.  Pulled lower staple.  
Flat and tight,   bit of gloss left, offwhite pages. 

Asking  $35  SOLD!

sygL6Kv.jpg

Edited by catrick339

That is  IT for this  afternoon's  session,  tune in tonight  at 8 PM or a little earlier for  
a new approach  to  this evening's listings.  

And  still looking for  more  comments and opinions   on the idea of  a  Hardcover Thread over in  Mixed. 

On 10/15/2021 at 12:59 PM, catrick339 said:

Frontier  Fighters Featuring  Davy Crockett   4
Short run  title  during  the  "tough"  50's DC era. 

Nice VG or better with minor general wear, glossy,  tight with white pages.  But it's a rerun,  so  I'm offering it up cheap

Take it for  $35

E4NOvFX.jpg

Take

On 10/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, catrick339 said:

That is  IT for this  afternoon's  session,  tune in tonight  at 8 PM or a little earlier for  

And  still looking for  more  comments and opinions   on the idea of  a  Hardcover Thread over in  Mixed. 

Yes please

On 10/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, Comical Situations said:
On 10/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, catrick339 said:

Yes please

+1 

GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/15/2021 at 1:10 PM, catrick339 said:

Outlaws #2
Matt Baker art according to Overstreet, but it's  not listed on my  Baker  checklist.
*shrugs*

Small piece of old  tape lower spine,  bit of general wear, some soiling  BC.  Pulled lower staple.  

Asking  $35 on the possibility  that there really is  a  Baker story. 

sygL6Kv.jpg

Definitely some Baker babes in Outlaws 2! Already have my own copy, but someone should snatch this one up.

aa baker girl in outlaws 2 1.JPG

aa baker girl in outlaws 2 2.JPG

On 10/15/2021 at 2:10 PM, catrick339 said:

Outlaws #2
*shrugs*

Asking  $35 on the possibility  that there really is  a  Baker story. 

sygL6Kv.jpg

Take

SO! 

Moving forward in this thread, I'm changing things around a bit. 

First off,  I have so far listed four bedsheet pulps, and as far as I can tell  no one has so much as glanced at them. 
Unless somebody posts something or PM's me about them  I'm not wasting my time listing the other sixteen in the stack. 

Second, I know that this weekend there are THREE major  comic shows going  here in the Midwest,  Indiana,  Motor City, 
and  WW Chicago,  so I expect a lot of attention is being drawn there. Heh,  if it wasn't for the Covid situation  I would've 
been in Chicago myself, :D 

So,  during the evening sessions  I'm going with a Theme. I'll edit  the  thread title  every day so a quick glance will tell you 
whether it's worth your while to tune in if you're busy elsewhere.  For instance,  tonight's theme is All Things Golden Age, 
Tomorrow will  be All Humor,   Sunday will be All  Bronze Age,  etc.
I'll save all that lovely  PCH for the last day. *evil chuckle*

Any Early Birds and  afternoon  sessions  will still be  Mixed Grille,  and  maybe I'll try to work in a few vintage  hardcovers, 
there seems to be  enough  interest to  do  some experimenting.  

Tune in at 8 PM this evening for All Things Golden Age, and keep the comments and suggestions coming for  Hardcovers. 

All Things  Golden Age begins  NOW!

Smash Comics 27 

To chips off  along spine,  long  crease  parallel to the RH edge,  otherwise flat,  clean, glossy,  tight spine and CF, 
Cream - offwhite pages. Cover  insides  are tanning,  but don't show  any sign of   brittleness so far. 

Let's start off  with something reasonable.

Asking  $150,  SOLD!

UBysvzk.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 10/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, catrick339 said:

All Things  Golden Age begins  NOW!

Smash Comics 27 

To chips off  along spine,  long  crease  parallel to the RH edge,  otherwise flat,  clean, glossy,  tight spine and CF, 
Cream - offwhite pages. Cover  insides  are tanning,  but don't show  any sign of   brittleness so far. 

Let's start off  with something reasonable.

Asking  $150,  a hair over Overstreet  VG. 

UBysvzk.jpg

cool!  Take