• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comicon

11 posts in this topic

So Baltimore is a little over a week away. Any board members going? If so, what’s on the to do list.

I’m Just happy to get out of the house and go to a con. Hopefully see some nice art and maybe crack a beer and some crabs.

I will be going one of the days.  Not sure which one yet.  

Main thing on the "to do" list is see some friends and catch up.  Hopefully knock one or 2 books off of my ASM list.  I'll look at some of the art booths and drool, but I know I won't be buying any.  

I'll be going Friday. No agenda other than to look around and soak in the comic world as a good excuse to take off work. Doesn't appear to have any art dealers outside of Anthony's Comic Art. Hope to say hi to him, let him know how fun Dueling Dealers has been, and to meet Chris Bachalo who I'm a huge fan of. 

On 10/19/2021 at 3:56 PM, skrilla1212 said:

I'll be going Friday. No agenda other than to look around and soak in the comic world as a good excuse to take off work. Doesn't appear to have any art dealers outside of Anthony's Comic Art. Hope to say hi to him, let him know how fun Dueling Dealers has been, and to meet Chris Bachalo who I'm a huge fan of. 

Same here. Headed up Friday. Taking the day off also. Hopefully there’s more art than just Anthony’s. 

Anybody pick up anything? I didn’t but had a fun time walking around. There wasn’t many dealers but artist alley had a wide selection of art. Mark Morales, Dave Petersen, and even saw some Ramona Frandon items. 

Metropolis had a nice Colan Daredevil and saw Albert Moy with a incredible Romita Jr Daredevil. Quesada brought a few pieces but the covers were way out of my price range. 

Talking to Jim Shooter was fun. Him telling the story of trying to ink a Kirby FF page with a watercolor brush was a highlight. 

On 10/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, Dayzen said:

Anybody pick up anything? I didn’t but had a fun time walking around. There wasn’t many dealers but artist alley had a wide selection of art. Mark Morales, Dave Petersen, and even saw some Ramona Frandon items. 

Metropolis had a nice Colan Daredevil and saw Albert Moy with a incredible Romita Jr Daredevil. Quesada brought a few pieces but the covers were way out of my price range. 

Talking to Jim Shooter was fun. Him telling the story of trying to ink a Kirby FF page with a watercolor brush was a highlight. 

Think I know the Colan you are referencing, they had it at NYCC as well. Very nice action page  

On 10/25/2021 at 3:39 PM, chrisco37 said:

Where was he located?  I totally missed it.   All I saw was Anthony's "Table of 1000 Portfolios".  

I saw him Friday. He was sitting at a table near Frank Cho’s. I think it was supposed to be Kwan Changs booth? Quesada was sitting there also signing books for CGC. 

On 10/25/2021 at 3:10 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Albert Moy was there Saturday. He brought a decent stack of nice stuff with him.

Yup, some nice pieces. Sam Kieth Sandman, Kieth MCP cover, Colan Dr. Strange, moebius, Kirby, Wrightson cover,  etc.