• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

and now for something completely different--first edition hardbacks of classic fiction--BACK ON LINE! and 10% off certain books. CLOSED
3 3

63 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, MattTheDuck said:

interesting list, depending on your definition of "non-fiction."  My tastes run mostly to biography (and am surprised that Caro's series on Lyndon Johnson is missing), but I can wholeheartedly recommend "The Making of the Atomic Bomb" by Richard Rhodes.  Seems like it ought to be "sciency" but it's a very readable story.  Don't have to understand physics to enjoy it.  Some real insights in there and interesting review of the giants of physics.

Not to digress.... too much .... but there's a biography about Richard Feynman, the title escapes my recollection, and it was one of the best reads ever for me, out of even the most riveting thrillers and sci-fi masterpieces. Brian Greene's "Elegant Universe" is equally immersive, and it's almost strictly a tutorial. Helps if you love the subject matter. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 10/26/2021 at 9:20 PM, jimjum12 said:

Not to digress.... too much .... but there's a biography about Richard Feynman, the title escapes my recollection, and it was one of the best reads ever for me, out of even the most riveting thrillers and sci-fi masterpieces. Brian Greene's "Elegant Universe" is equally immersive, and it's almost strictly a tutorial. Helps if you love the subject matter. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Genius by James Gleick? Gleick is a great science writer.