• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*ALMOST* impossible to sign on to the chat boards and it's driving me nuts!
9 9

138 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2021 at 11:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

When it redirects you to the home CGccomics.com  home screen, log out there, then go to the menu upper left and choose chat boards then log in on your phone. :)

Been having this trouble all day and this method just now worked.Not on my phone but on Edge.I logged out and then signed in again and it worked.Not tried it on Chrome but I expect it to work there too.

On 10/16/2021 at 6:56 PM, Toz said:

Been having this trouble all day and this method just now worked.Not on my phone but on Edge.I logged out and then signed in again and it worked.Not tried it on Chrome but I expect it to work there too.

Clearing my cache solved the problem

On 10/15/2021 at 8:21 PM, Pontoon said:

So a pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his fly. The bartender pours him some grog and says "Uh, you have a steering wheel sticking out of your pants." And the pirate responds "Yarg, I know. It's driving me nuts."

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7709-1379434243-25.gif.32cf81da11f2c298ee4632ce9d6a49bf.gif

On 10/15/2021 at 3:02 PM, Black Bat said:

What's going on???  First GoCollect bombs their redesign and now after I sign onto CGC chat boards I get signed in, but am redirected to some marketing page.  When I try to maneuver to the chat boards from the drop down menu, I get signed out again.  Repeat, repeat, repeat, throw phone out window!  Couldn't sign in at all on my iPhone, then just now it took about 5 tries to get on from my desktop.  What gives?  Is this CGC trying to cram more promo ads in front of our faces?  Why can't they just leave us alone???? ha ha.  But seriously its so frustrating!

No go on an iPhone. When you hit existing user sign in, it bumps you to the CGC home page :flamed:

On 10/17/2021 at 9:40 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

No go on an iPhone. When you hit existing user sign in, it bumps you to the CGC home page :flamed:

I had the problem a couple days ago on my iPhone.  Logged out at CGC home page, logged back on forums, worked fine since.

Annoying, I agree; but I haven't had it as a persistent problem.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:46 PM, stynxno said:

Finally got through by signing out from the main site and signing back in again. I used to have to login separately to the chatboards and the site. 

same here

Makes no sense but it worked.

I thought I was banned for a while

For me, I figured out yesterday that if I pull up the boards and I’m not logged in, I click sign in and it takes me to the main CGC page.  Then it says I’m logged in there.  

So, I log out on the main page.  Log back in, click chat boards on the menu, then it works.  But I have to do this every time I stop looking at the boards for a while and come back.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:27 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am still locked out on my phone.   I cannot sign in at all as it continues to take me to the main advertising page. 

Log out there. At the main advertising which is cgccomics.com..... then go to the menu upper left, choose chat boards, then log in.

I've been saying it, I didn't know you call it the "main advertising page"

:tink:

On 10/17/2021 at 11:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Log out there. At the main advertising which is cgccomics.com..... then go to the menu upper left, choose chat boards, then log in.

I've been saying it, I didn't know you call it the "main advertising page"

:tink:

Still not working. 

Becoming quite disenchanted with it to be honest. 

On 10/16/2021 at 9:02 AM, Black Bat said:

What's going on???  First GoCollect bombs their redesign and now after I sign onto CGC chat boards I get signed in, but am redirected to some marketing page.  When I try to maneuver to the chat boards from the drop down menu, I get signed out again.  Repeat, repeat, repeat, throw phone out window!  Couldn't sign in at all on my iPhone, then just now it took about 5 tries to get on from my desktop.  What gives?  Is this CGC trying to cram more promo ads in front of our faces?  Why can't they just leave us alone???? ha ha.  But seriously its so frustrating!

I had to start using my Firefox browser. Safari kept me on a loop.

I'm not having any problems signing in. I use Google Chrome, and can access the site on my desktop, tablet and mobile phone. 

The only recurring irritation is this pop up....

Capture.thumb.PNG.a9c2c9eff9ad843db2116cbfe593eb35.PNG

...which I have to clear each and every time I log in. I was told that ticking 'remember me' would solve that but it didn't. Signing up doesn't prevent it either.

In the five years since the 'new boards' went live I have seen many periods where people start to report problems logging in. It's never universal - some can, some can't. I'm not an expert, but I always feel like it's a CGC software problem, and not something the user is doing. CGC doesn't like chrome today, that kind of thing.

I've flagged this to Dena by posting a link to this thread in her thread regarding the software changes planned to (hopefully) get rid of the 500 errors. Maybe there will be something she can do.

Glad to see Blackstone and their gazillions have led to an improved online experience. Between this and the site changes at GoCollect, it’s like, doesn’t anyone here know how to play this game?