• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*ALMOST* impossible to sign on to the chat boards and it's driving me nuts!
9 9

138 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, speedcake said:
On 10/25/2021 at 6:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

No worries. Glad you still posted. The site tends to log out when it's been idle a long time. As long as logging back in is possible,  presumably, I can make it work.

Only semi as frustrating as 500 errors. But not perfect. 

Expand  

wait, you are responsible for this?

Lol I don't know where you're coming from other than maybe you don't know that

I can make it work = I can put up with it and or have sufficient data to survive and still make it useful.

Lol not make the boards work 😝

On 10/25/2021 at 4:42 PM, speedcake said:

This is getting very old. I can’t log in on my computer again. I can post from my phone thankfully but what’s the secret trick this time ?

Just wait a couple of days, there will be another one. 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I don't know where you're coming from other than maybe you don't know that

I can make it work = I can put up with it and or have sufficient data to survive and still make it useful.

Lol not make the boards work 😝

ha. sorry I got excited :roflmao:

On 10/25/2021 at 6:40 PM, speedcake said:

ha. sorry I got excited :roflmao:

Lol I wish I could though Haha

You made my day with that lol

Sometimes its wishful thinking, yet I'd be more than useless if I was to come up with THE solution ha.

I'm in the same boat, but it's at least been bearable, so far, is what I mean....

• Administrator
On 10/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

The stored password data is cleared from the server/site after XX amount of time, or when the page is closed and re-opened. The only way to stay logged in is to have the browser open, and not closed.

The only temporary resolution is to clear your Chrome, or Edge browsing data for "all time", then log in again (Same for iPhone Safari and Chrome browsers). The remember password option is of no use once the browser is closed.

This needs to be addressed by @Architecht @dena

Thanks. Reporting this to our technical team.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:27 AM, dena said:

@dena

It appears the boards work on my laptop, but no longer will the page load at all on my phone :( HTTP Error 500

boards.cgccomics.com is currently unable to handle this request, complete with the image of the tattered page emoji, not loading :foryou: 

Stating "this page isn't working"

and new tab, reload, manually retyping the url, going to cgccomics.com and then going to chatboards won't allow the page to load either :( 

cgccomics.com and the submission tracking DO work however :tink: 

On 10/26/2021 at 1:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 10/26/2021 at 8:27 AM, dena said:

@dena

It appears the boards work on my laptop, but no longer will the page load at all on my phone :( HTTP Error 500

boards.cgccomics.com is currently unable to handle this request, complete with the image of the tattered page emoji, not loading :foryou: 

Stating "this page isn't working"

and new tab, reload, manually retyping the url, going to cgccomics.com and then going to chatboards won't allow the page to load either :( 

cgccomics.com and the submission tracking DO work however :tink: 

@dena

this is what happens when I try the cgccomics.com to chatboards on my laptop

image.thumb.png.5f274a285bbd24d3e3398d5bb8e8a2bc.png

Very glitchy today. Intermittent buffering, duplicated posts (see below) and just a few moments ago my first post upgrade 500 error. 

Screenshot_20211026-195226_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a92c209dc8e8614ad8743cde0d0e3517.jpg

I had to use Google Chrome to be able to access the boards since my access via Firefox stopped working this weekend.  Microsoft Edge doesn't work . . then Firefox . . I'm on my last option.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:11 AM, 1Cool said:

I had to use Google Chrome to be able to access the boards since my access via Firefox stopped working this weekend.  Microsoft Edge doesn't work . . then Firefox . . I'm on my last option.

I've been using Chrome the entire time.  Cleared out my cache multiple times. Log out, log in, log out, log in, log out...