Can’t login to boards on my laptop
4 4

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys.  When trying to logon to the boards on my laptop I get the home page  www.cgccomics.com when clicking “existing user? Sign in”.  The page is the main page for cgc and doesn’t have a user name or login field.  Login  works fine on my phone.

anyone else having this problem?

Edited by thehumantorch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 3:30 PM, thehumantorch said:

Hi guys.  When trying to logon to the boards on my laptop I get the home page  www.cgccomics.com when clicking “existing user? Sign in”.  The page is the main page for cgc and doesn’t have a user name or login field.  Login  works fine on my phone.

anyone else having this problem?

Yes.  I experienced this several hours ago where I could see my account info, but when I clicked on the “chat boards” link it brought me back to the page with “existing user? Sign in”.  Just a continuous loop.  I finally logged off and logged in again and was able to enjoy the robust collecting experience that this site provides.

Edited by steveinthecity
spellering
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Solution could be switching browsers or clearing cache

Haven't tried laptop yet myself, and I use Firefox so I imagine it's a nightmare 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 5:44 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Solution could be switching browsers or clearing cache

Haven't tried laptop yet myself, and I use Firefox so I imagine it's a nightmare 

You are correct.  Cleared my chrome cache and it's now working.

I must say this site is a hot mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2021 at 1:58 AM, thehumantorch said:

You are correct.  Cleared my chrome cache and it's now working.

I must say this site is a hot mess.

Hey Dave.

I've also had this problem but clearing the cache (which I figured) solves it, however when you switch off, you have to do it all over again. In some cases you have to clear browsing history and cookies as well. All well and good but it can throw up problems on other sites such as ebay, paypal etc, where you will be plagued with having to accept cookies, verify ID via text, click on pictures of buses et. etc.....all because this website here is basically :censored:

I'm starting to lose patience with all this, it's a right royal pain in the arse. rantrant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 6:58 PM, steveinthecity said:

Yes.  I experienced this several hours ago where I could see my account info, but when I clicked on the “chat boards” link it brought me back to the page with “existing user? Sign in”.  Just a continuous loop.  I finally logged off and logged in again and was able to enjoy the robust collecting experience that this site provides.

Yep, sign out and sign back in and you're good to go.  I haven't had this happen to me here but, it's been going on for a while on the NGC forum.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 9:33 PM, comicdonna said:

Yep, sign out and sign back in and you're good to go.  I haven't had this happen to me here but, it's been going on for a while on the NGC forum.  

It works for me.  Just sign it out then log in back. I am back in the business.  This website has acted up weird in many different ways.  What an unprecedented website we have encountered since it was moved from the old chat board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read about, but didn’t experience, this problem over the weekend.  Something I do, which can be a pain in the arse, is to set up your browser to clear cache, passwords, etc. every time you close your browser.  Cookies can get corrupted over time.  It also helps reduce privacy issues in the long run. 🖖

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2021 at 3:46 PM, PovertyRow said:

Just happened to me on my Win10 PC. Finally just Signed Out and then signed in and all was ok. But yeah, these boards are kind of like mushy peas. 

This has now happened to me everyday since the weekend.  Get logged out, attempt to sign back in, get redirected to main CGC page…a constant loop.  I have to either sign out from the main page, then back in on the boards, or clear cookies/cache to log in.  These needs to be addressed me thinks…(shrug)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2021 at 3:52 PM, Galen130 said:

This has now happened to me everyday since the weekend.  Get logged out, attempt to sign back in, get redirected to main CGC page…a constant loop.  I have to either sign out from the main page, then back in on the boards, or clear cookies/cache to log in.  These needs to be addressed me thinks…(shrug)

Now I can't log in on my iPad.  Phone...no problem.  WTH??? :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This just happened to me on my Macintosh - not on my PC - using Firefox. Logged out, try to sign in, main CGC page, constant loop. What am I supposed to do here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CGC Mike Mike, this issue has been going on for a very long time now. Would you try to get an update / solution / workaround from the technical guys for us please?

  • Is it a user issue?
  • Is it a CGC forum issue?
  • Is there a fix planned?
  • Is there a workaround available in the meantime?

If you could, please make any response visual enough so that all affected members will get to see it - a banner message across the top of the main page would be one way of doing that.

Cheers

On 11/10/2021 at 5:55 PM, oakman29 said:

I obviously have zero clout here. Since the change over it has been hit and miss on being able to log onto the boards. I get a ton of CGC advertisements that wont let me log on though.

 

On 11/11/2021 at 3:08 AM, Red84 said:

I would like to see the following issue fixed: I have an iPhone and the website logs me out everyday. When I click on log in it brings me back to the main CGC page where it says i'm logged in. I then have to log out and log in again. Then have to click on Chat Boards to finally get back to the boards website.

 

On 11/11/2021 at 3:28 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Same thing happens to me, and it's often multiple times a day on my iPhone. Browsing history has also been cleared multiple times and no remedy. 
 

BitWarden autofill makes it a lot less painful than if I had to type my login info every time. However, it’s still very annoying. 

 

On 11/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

If you use private browsing mode on a mobile device it seems like your log in session on the boards expires much more quickly. I have the same issue too as a result 

 

On 11/11/2021 at 4:35 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I get it every time I swipe out of safari, and the “remember me” box is also checked when logging in. Not using private/incognito. 

 

On 11/11/2021 at 4:41 AM, namisgr said:

Same.  It's unfixable on my end.

 

On 11/11/2021 at 5:21 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Closing the app/browser never caused me to logout in the past and does not when visiting other forums or even my CGC account homepage. It’s only when trying to access these boards. 

 

On 11/11/2021 at 5:39 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

In the past yes, but that kind of supports what I said above. Every site has to do something with their session cookies on an Apple device, but absent that Apple is going to do something to all sites that defaults to protecting user privacy unless the user has specifically opted into something. That something needs to be configured on the backend. I don’t think that has occurred.

 

On 11/11/2021 at 5:51 AM, FlyingDonut said:

I have had this problem happen on a Macintosh (using Firefox), a Macintosh (using Safari), an iPhone (using Safari), a Windows 11 PC (using Chrome), and a Windows 11 PC (using Edge). I'm pretty sure the problem is at the CGC side.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 12:39 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will reach out to my boss today and push for more speedy technical support.  

Thanks Mike. Being able to log in is pretty fundamental so anything they can do...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4