• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Well, if you read the "fine print", the book has "very slight color touch and trimmed".  A few others I checked also have restoration in the fine print.  And there are others that don't list trimming but I suspect are from the photos.

Pressing would be the least of concerns.

Type in "kellyssuperheroes" in the search engine, here on the boards, and you'll see various threads/posts as to background and history.

A question that should always be asked is, if a hot and/or key book is listed raw with a high number grade, why isn't that book in a slab? (especially multiple listings of material for a seller. And CGC's current logjam isn't a valid rationalization)

Edited by DanCooper

On 10/16/2021 at 10:44 PM, DanCooper said:

Type in "kellyssuperheroes" in the search engine, here on the boards, and you'll see various threads/posts as to background and history.

A question that should always be asked is, if a hot and/or key book is listed raw with a high number grade, why isn't that book in a slab? (especially multiple listings of material for a seller. And CGC's current logjam isn't a valid rationalization)

Well said.

The first thing that struck me was why the item (if a true 9.8)  wasn't in a slab.

A better question might be why he hasn't been banned from Ebay?

On 10/16/2021 at 5:16 AM, World Devourer said:

Well said.

The first thing that struck me was why the item (if a true 9.8)  wasn't in a slab.

A better question might be why he hasn't been banned from Ebay?

Look at his feedback. 

On 10/16/2021 at 4:44 AM, DanCooper said:

That's the first thing I always ask myself when I see a high grade key still in raw condition. I've been burned by trimmed, color touch and the dreaded "12th page missing" from a few raw books and that's why I CGC. 

On 10/18/2021 at 3:20 AM, Dark Knight said:

And with new buyers/collectors/investors coming into the hobby this year, who knows how many people he has fooled and screwed over

Read the feedback, guys are handing over major amounts of shekels for a nice ebay photoshop picture, and a book that will come back as a VF+ on a 9.6 listing.