• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your GGA!
14 14

792 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That’s a great 58!

Thanks! Although my scan is brighter than the 9.6 Promise copy, my guess is they are about the same in hand. [Though if the scan of the Promise copy is accurate, it sure looks a bit dull and dry.] I wonder what that one will go for?

On 10/19/2021 at 2:47 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Thanks! Although my scan is brighter than the 9.6 Promise copy, my guess is they are about the same in hand. [Though if the scan of the Promise copy is accurate, it sure looks a bit dull and dry.] I wonder what that one will go for?

Since the Promise copy cannot boast the highest graded, I would say $12-14k. It’s a great cover, and I think the time has come for books with Matt Baker art to get a boost.  I myself am responsible for the $8k sale on the 9.4 Church 58 back when Fischler sold off his Planet run, but I think I overpaid, and that was an outlier (at least back at the time). 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 10/19/2021 at 9:46 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Since the Promise copy cannot boast the highest graded, I would say $12-14k. It’s a great cover, and I think the time has come for books with Matt Baker art to get a boost.  I myself am responsible for the $8k sale on the 9.4 Church 58 back when Fischler sold off his Planet run, but I think I overpaid, and that was an outlier (at least back at the time). 

I got mine off Heritage when cheetah sold his complete run in - I think - 2014 [how time flies]. Paid just under 3k. Even if you overpaid on the Church, prices will catch up - perhaps sooner rather than later, given post-Covid trends.