• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Marvel Age Of Comics!
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2021 at 12:05 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I suppose you'd have to say as far as publishers go, the Golden Age belonged to DC. They were the biggest, most influential publisher at that time (if you disagree with that, that's fine, but I don't want the messages about it). For Silver Age, it's my opinion that Marvel is the best, most influential publisher. The way Jimi Hendrix or Edward Van Halen revolutionized they way people played guitar, so too did Marvel revolutionize the way comic stories were told (once again, to each their own). Looking thru some of my collection, I notice that the phrase, "The Marvel Age Of Comics!" starts to take off as a company slogan. My Marvel Silver collection is far from complete, so I could use some help is posting the comics that have that slogan on the cover. Raw or certified play equally here, but remember to crop out labels from other grading companies. Have fun showing off your books! 

Yes, Stan was great at hyperbole and PR.