• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damaged during encapsulation
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I recently sent a copy of New Mutants Annual 2 to a third party for pressing. This company sends my comics to you for grading and ships them back to me.

This copy of New Mutants was graded 9.8 by CGC. However, I recently noticed that there is a crease on the spine (see the above picture). I believe that the comic was damaged during encapsulation. The plastic clip has dug into the comic.

I don’t see how else this kind of damage could have happened. If the crease had been there before encapsulation, it would certainly have been spotted by the grader and the book would have not been evaluated at 9.8. Shipping and time cannot be responsible for this kind of damage, since the comic is usually well protected and cannot move in its case.

Now that I know that there is a crease, it would be dishonest for me to sell this comic as a 9.8. I’m looking for a way to resolve this matter. Can you please tell me who should get in touch with you, me or the professional who presses the comics? Which of us needs to make the claim and return the book to you in order to receive the compensation for value lost?

Thank you in advance for your help.

NM-A2cu.jpg

Edited by Pangolin

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  I am sorry to hear that.  Please email the information along with the pictures to our customer service department and they can provide you with instructions on how to proceed.  You can email them at: submissions@cgccomics.com. Thanks!

On 10/18/2021 at 9:12 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  I am sorry to hear that.  Please email the information along with the pictures to our customer service department and they can provide you with instructions on how to proceed.  You can email them at: submissions@cgccomics.com. Thanks!

Will do.

Thanks for the quick reply.