• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This may be an unpopular opinion. CGC needs a submission freeze.
4 4

202 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2021 at 4:58 PM, Thisisrequired said:

If I was running things at CGC I would hire more graders.

You cant hire if no one is applying and slavery is illegal.

On 10/18/2021 at 7:05 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

The current QC nightmare is what’s going to kill CGC.  It’s one thing to wait forever. Meh.  Have patience.  But when people worry that their books will be damaged by the very company they’re paying to protect/preserve  them :tonofbricks:

Absolutely.  Being first out of the gate and being the most respected company in any industry doesn't guarantee that you can stay there.  

On 10/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, kav said:

It appears state run media at cgc is attempting to silence me. I will try to respond when I can find the work around from their "error message link"

On 10/19/2021 at 2:19 AM, Thisisrequired said:

It appears state run media at cgc is attempting to silence me. I will try to respond when I can find the work around from their "error message link"

GLWT

I was going to say.. While I recognize a work force shortage. We have clearly seen a number of people commenting here on the boards a desire to work for cgc. Some have even said it would be a dream or such to do so. For some reason they were rejected. Well time to lower standards. 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:27 PM, Thisisrequired said:

I was going to say.. While I recognize a work force shortage. We have clearly seen a number of people commenting here on the boards a desire to work for cgc. Some have even said it would be a dream or such to do so. For some reason they were rejected. Well time to lower standards. 

someone posted here they were rejected from CGC?  

On 10/19/2021 at 2:27 AM, Thisisrequired said:

I can't speak for others but it certainly would not be my dream job.

Yawn-a-rama.

I'd rather read the damn things than grade 'em.

What is apparent and rather ironic, is that the plague of the 500 errors has kicked in right now for the millionth time it seems, which seems indicative of what is going on at the moment under the CGC umbrella.

Dare I say a fiasco? Or is that too harsh? 

New idea. CGC mods go get your boss and instruct them to get their boss and so on. My consulting fees aren't cheap. I am giving you a gift here. You have proven customers are willing to wait 6 months to a year to receive back their books. So you collect a huge stockpile. You ship them somewhere that slavery isn't so frowned upon. Grade them, slab them. Now if are ports are working smoothly then great. If not you simply ship the books back to customers via epacket. Or you can find out just how long people are willing to wait? 2 years? 3? 

PS Thanks for not replying with a that's what she said. 

On 10/18/2021 at 9:30 PM, kav said:

someone posted here they were rejected from CGC?  

I have no idea. I wouldn't pay any attention to a subject or post of that nature. I thought I stumbled in a conversation with people wanting to apply as graders. I never checked back to see the outcome. It may have just been a dream. 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:43 PM, Thisisrequired said:

I have no idea. I wouldn't pay any attention to a subject or post of that nature. I thought I stumbled in a conversation with people wanting to apply as graders. I never checked back to see the outcome. It may have just been a dream. 

I recall ppl saying that would be a dream job but I dont live there or but I already have a great job and some such.  The fact is CGC is always hiring and there do not seem to be enough applicants.  

On 10/18/2021 at 9:39 PM, © G G ® ™ said:

Again...GLWT

Is there a mute or block button and how do I find it? I tried and couldn't. I thought there was one before. I find all that's what she saids annoying. I would ban anyone using it for life. Kav is a super star but I would sacrifice all his normal contribution to avoid seeing the she sad posts.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:51 PM, Thisisrequired said:

Is there a mute or block button and how do I find it? I tried and couldn't. I thought there was one before. I find all that's what she saids annoying. I would ban anyone using it for life. Kav is a super star but I would sacrifice all his normal contribution to avoid seeing the she sad posts.

tsorry there's no mute or block-no way to stop seeing anyone's posts here.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:47 PM, kav said:

I recall ppl saying that would be a dream job but I dont live there or but I already have a great job and some such.  The fact is CGC is always hiring and there do not seem to be enough applicants.  

I could guess but won't as to why that is. Doesn't matter. People are trying to solve a problem that for cgc doesn't exist. Are people still sending money? Check. Then who cares how long they have to wait.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:53 PM, kav said:

tsorry there's no mute or block-no way to stop seeing anyone's posts here.

Well a mute option should be priority number 1. Forget about website errors, damaged books, scuffed cases, shipping out wrong books and long wait times. 

Do the other guys forums have a mute? That could get me to switch. Although last time I was over there it looked like everyone had already been muted.

On 10/18/2021 at 7:03 PM, Thisisrequired said:

Well a mute option should be priority number 1. Forget about website errors, damaged books, scuffed cases, shipping out wrong books and long wait times. 

Do the other guys forums have a mute? That could get me to switch. Although last time I was over there it looked like everyone had already been muted.

they dont like to mute cause of free speech.