• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERMAN #1 7.0 Blue THIRD highest graded copy coming to auction at CC
4 4

218 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2021 at 6:12 PM, Professor K said:

Sorry to post again so quickly. Is that the same book? Is that a big bold letter I or something written on it

Looks like a Roman numeral one that was either on the bag holding the book or something that got removed with the press and clean.  The S looks more faint on the slabbed version and you’d expect this book to have been pressed and cleaned with no money left on the table.  Gorgeous copy anyway.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:12 PM, rob_react said:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.fd7e53bc21c29b59c89ce20ca9c852fd.jpg

NBA_Jam_BoomShakaLaka_Backboard_Shatter.gif

If that scan is accurate as in person that copy has a nice yellow tone for the grade. I remember it being a chore to find copies with good original bright yellow to them. A lot of Supes 1’s suffered from getting a dull yellow over time kind of like coins with certain toning. The originals popped a bit with their yellow. DC and yellow covers to me were like hot dogs and mustard…a winning combination! That copy has got some dulling but enough of the brightness can still be found on parts.:bigsmile:

I say 1.4 on the low with 1.75+ on the high. I think the market will be hot just a matter of the lack of availability in grade and how bad someone wants it. Other than Action #1 it’s the number two choice for Superman collectors. Iconic cover…

On 10/18/2021 at 2:59 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 10/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, szav said:

and 210k for the for the TMNT #1 CGC 9.8

much more

Peter;

Are you really really willing to bid that much more than $210K for the CGC 9.8 graded copy of TMNT 1, even knowing that it's been a long time favorite and must have of yours?  :baiting:  lol

On 10/19/2021 at 5:32 AM, lou_fine said:
On 10/18/2021 at 10:59 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 10/18/2021 at 10:56 PM, szav said:

and 210k for the for the TMNT #1 CGC 9.8

much more

Peter;

Are you really really willing to bid that much more than $210K for the CGC 9.8 graded copy of TMNT 1, even knowing that it's been a long time favorite and must have of yours?  :baiting:  

Max I'd go on that trash book would be $250. I would obviously be in a drunken state to even consider bidding in the first place.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 10/19/2021 at 7:25 AM, Aman619 said:

to me since there hasn't been a high grade Superman 1 in a very very long time, and so few nice slabbed copies at all, I think pent up demand pushes this copy to 2.5 -- or more

going to agree with you. I see this book hitting 2Mil+

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 10/18/2021 at 9:32 PM, lou_fine said:

Peter;

Are you really really willing to bid that much more than $210K for the CGC 9.8 graded copy of TMNT 1, even knowing that it's been a long time favorite and must have of yours?  :baiting:  lol

On 10/18/2021 at 11:56 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Max I'd go on that trash book would be $250K. I would obviously be in a drunken state to even consider bidding in the first place.

Hey Peter;

Being sober, I fixed that for you as you clearly must already be in a drunken inebriated state and left out the "K" in your post above.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

When did the 7.5 sell? 2004? Something like that? Who was the seller? I can't remember for the life of me and I don't have records of it, as far as I can tell. 

The Church copy traded hands publicly in 1996.

DA's copy is in the vault. 

The last time anyone had a public opportunity to buy a copy of this book this nice was almost 20 years ago. It could be really surprising and once again screw up all my estimates!

Edited by rob_react