• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERMAN #1 7.0 Blue THIRD highest graded copy coming to auction at CC
4 4

218 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2021 at 7:36 AM, G.A.tor said:

he's recovered pretty nicely  I believe  and still posts occasionally on facebook...

Nice to hear BZ's doing well!  The only FB account I knew of for him (a public facing account for comic related discussion) hasn't had a new post by him since 2019.  Before anyone tries to find that FB account, it is not findable without knowing his real name.  I wish BZ would consider coming back to share some more stories and pics. But, if I had his collection I'd be scared of someone trying to steal it.  So I hope that everyone continues to respect his privacy.  

On 12/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Sold for $2.6 million includes BP. I guess AF15 in 9.6 is still the highest priced book ever sold. I know it is hard to compare just saying.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/937190

The $2.6 mil didn't include the 15% BP.  With the BP, it's just a shade under $3 mil

On 12/16/2021 at 9:46 PM, Batmanis#1 said:
On 12/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, Dark Knight said:

The $2.6 mil didn't include the 15% BP.  With the BP, it's just a shade under $3 mil

Are you sure that does not already include the 15%? I saw it close then I added the 15% hence my $2.6 price all-in.

Unlike their first auction when they first introduced the 15% BP and didn't include it in their final auction price, I believe they have now corrected this for the last couple of Event Auctions, if not for all of them retroactively now.  hm  (thumbsu

Yeah the final price is 2,604,750........or 47 Superman 1's in .05 condition 

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/936043

lou_fine yeah it shows up with the bp included right after the auction ends. Still not as friendly as Heritage which as we know shows the price with the bp during the entire auction.

Edited by Professor K

On 10/19/2021 at 12:25 AM, Aman619 said:

to me since there hasn't been a high grade Superman 1 in a very very long time, and so few nice slabbed copies at all, I think pent up demand pushes this copy to 2.5 -- or more

Nice call.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:05 AM, sfcityduck said:

I think this reconfirms what we all knew:  The Top 3 are AC 1, D27 and Supes 1. 

i will second that...watch for Cap 1 to eventually be #4. Any one know what the record price for Whiz 2 is? This Superman #1   sale makes the Cap #1 on the buy it now on comic connect for 350K 7.0 look like a bargain, so far high bid is 300K

Edited by Mmehdy

Are you sure that does not already include the 15%? I saw it close then I added the 15% hence my $2.6 price all-in.

I think so, unless they change it and it gets automatically adjusted after the final hammer bid.  The last time they had the 15% BP on certain lots, it wasn't included towards the final price.

On 12/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, Dark Knight said:

You're right!  Final hammer price for the Supes 1 w/ BP is $2.6 mil.  I was watching the Whiz #1 closely because it also has the 15% BP and after a few seconds of refreshing, it showed the final price WITH the BP.