• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART II from Mel Brooks (TBD)

5 posts in this topic

‘History of the World Part II’ Variety Series Ordered at Hulu, Mel Brooks to Write and Executive Produce

“History of the World, Part I” is finally getting a Part II, with Hulu ordering a variety series followup to the classic Mel Brooks comedy film, Variety has learned exclusively.

“History of the World, Part II” is described as a sequel to the 1981 film. The film was made up of segments set during different periods of world history. Among those was the Stone Age, Ancient Rome, and the French Revolution. Like most of Brooks’ work, it also featured musical numbers, including one about the Spanish Inquisition and, of course, “Jews in Space.”

Brooks is a writer and executive producer on the series along with Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, Ike Barinholtz, David Stassen and Kevin Salter. There is no word yet on which world events the series will cover. Hulu has ordered eight episodes of the show. The writers room is beginning in October with production slated to begin in Spring 2022. Searchlight Television and 20th Television will produce.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays.  Mel Brooks has such a self-effacing style and is so willing to skewer and make fun of any person, any institution, any anything really.  His approach is extremely unpopular among some cohorts at the moment.  I'm sure he doesn't give two s****.