• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's COWBOY BEBOP starring John Cho (2021)

35 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, rexinnih said:

Haven't watched the anime in awhile so will get that re-watched before this goes live.

Can stream 'Cowboy Bebop' anime season 1 for free via Tubi. 1998 cartoon still holds up well today due to English music, space fx, shadows and angles. Thank you for English sub-titles.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:03 PM, drotto said:

The original dub is actually very good. One of the few anime where watching the dub is considered expectable. 

I am glad many seem to like it, I can not get past the first episode.

It grows on you as Ein shows up, Faye and Spike develop a friendship,and Julia  story is fleshed out.... everything starts making sense...

On 11/22/2021 at 9:08 PM, Wolverinex said:

It grows on you as Ein shows up, Faye and Spike develop a friendship,and Julia  story is fleshed out.... everything starts making sense...

I can not stand Faye in this version.  Spike is way to old so the lines are lines meant for a younger man.  Jet again seem off, but he seem to young.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:09 PM, drotto said:

I can not stand Faye in this version.  Spike is way to old so the lines are lines meant for a younger man.  Jet again seem off, but he seem to young.

I agree, they aren't perfect, but they grow on you.  It's a re imagining of the anime.

I did wish they used this guy for Spike.

That was fast: Netflix has canceled its ambitious, widely hyped and, ultimately, widely disappointing anime adaptation Cowboy Bebop, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The move comes less than three weeks after the show’s Nov. 19 debut on the streaming service.

The space Western had a rough reception. The 10-episode series garnered only a 46 percent positive critics rating on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. Fans seemed to agree, giving the show a 56 percent positive audience score on the site. According to Netflix’s Top 10 site, the series has racked up almost 74 million viewing hours worldwide since its debut – so it got plenty of sampling out of the gate – but it plummeted 59 percent for the week of Nov. 29-Dec. 5.

On 12/9/2021 at 7:14 PM, drotto said:

Not surprised, it did not do justice to the original at all. 

I never thought a live action version was needed.  It was going up against a near perfect animated version.

***Akira...same problem

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
link issue

I didn't even know this was out, and now I know it's not getting a second season, it's a low priority watch for me. I absolutely loved the anime, which I haven't seen in years, so if anything I'd prefer to rewatch that over the live-action one anyway. 

On 12/10/2021 at 12:42 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I didn't even know this was out, and now I know it's not getting a second season, it's a low priority watch for me. I absolutely loved the anime, which I haven't seen in years, so if anything I'd prefer to rewatch that over the live-action one anyway. 

Better choice, keep the original pure.  I could not get past the first episode.  For me it was a dumpster fire.

On 12/10/2021 at 5:32 PM, Crimebuster said:

I liked it, except for the finale. I watched the anime back in the early 00s, but I don't remember much other than that it was cool. I enjoyed this version as well.

My wife is a much bigger fan of the original than me, and she loved this version. (shrug)

Loved it too except for Julia.  Wtf